Mar 4, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
It went from bad to worse on Tuesday night for Syracuse as the No. 7 Orange fell at the Carrier Dome on Senior Night 67-62 to Georgia Tech in an ACC contest.
The Yellow Jackets (14-16, 5-12) led the final 31:40 of the game as Syracuse struggled to find consistent offense outside of C.J. Fair and Tyler Ennis while its 2-3 zone had breakdowns on the interior.
Georgia Tech’s balanced offense did a nice job of pounding the ball inside and working the ball around patiently against the Orange zone. Trae Golden led the Yellow Jackets with 16 points while Daniel Miller had 15 points and six blocks and Robert Carter Jr. added 12 points.
Playing without sophomore Jerami Grant, who sat out with a back injury, Syracuse (26-4, 13-4) struggled on both ends of the floor as they only played seven players on the night. Fair (28 points) and Ennis (18 points) were the only consistent offensive threats for Syracuse on the night as the Orange struggled to 39 percent shooting from the field, 29 percent from three-point range and 43 percent from the free-throw line.
Trevor Cooney struggled to seven points on 3-for-12 shooting and no other Syracuse player tallied more than three points.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)