Mar 4, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
It went from bad to worse on Tuesday night for Syracuse as the No. 7 Orange fell at the Carrier Dome on Senior Night 67-62 to Georgia Tech in an ACC contest.
The Yellow Jackets (14-16, 5-12) led the final 31:40 of the game as Syracuse struggled to find consistent offense outside of C.J. Fair and Tyler Ennis while its 2-3 zone had breakdowns on the interior.
Georgia Tech’s balanced offense did a nice job of pounding the ball inside and working the ball around patiently against the Orange zone. Trae Golden led the Yellow Jackets with 16 points while Daniel Miller had 15 points and six blocks and Robert Carter Jr. added 12 points.
Playing without sophomore Jerami Grant, who sat out with a back injury, Syracuse (26-4, 13-4) struggled on both ends of the floor as they only played seven players on the night. Fair (28 points) and Ennis (18 points) were the only consistent offensive threats for Syracuse on the night as the Orange struggled to 39 percent shooting from the field, 29 percent from three-point range and 43 percent from the free-throw line.
Trevor Cooney struggled to seven points on 3-for-12 shooting and no other Syracuse player tallied more than three points.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)