Mar 5, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Providence 81, Marquette 80 2OT
Providence managed to survive a visit from Marquette in thrilling fashion, a double-overtime that featured big shots, costly turnovers, fouled three-point shooters and quite possibly the most exciting shot that never counted:
Bryce Cotton played all 50 minutes, finishing with 25 points, nine assists and seven boards and LaDontae Henton added 20 points and 16 boards.
1) Baylor 74, No. 16 Iowa State 61: Cory Jefferson went for 21 points, Kenny Chery had 16 points and six assists, and Brady Heslip added 18 as the Bears all but locked up an NCAA tournament bid by knocking off the Cyclones.
2) No. 12 Michigan 84, Illinois 53: The Illini hadn’t allowed more than 50 points in four games. Michigan scored 52 in the first half, knocking off Illinois 84-53 while hitting 16-for-23 from three. Illinois’ hopes for an NCAA tournament bid went ‘poof’ as Michigan locked up the Big Ten regular season title.
3) No. 25 Kentucky 55, Alabama 48: It wasn’t pretty, but the Wildcats got back to their winning ways by knocking off the Crimson Tide. Julius Randle finished with 12 points and 11 boards, but Kentucky still has some massive kinks that need to be worked out in the next ten days if they truly are going to have a chance to make noise in the Big Dance.
1) Michael Frazier II had 37 points and his 11-for-18 from three as No. 1 Florida knocked off South Carolina 72-46.
2) Markel Starks had 17 points and 11 assists and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 18 points and 12 boards as Georgetown knocked off No. 13 Creighton.
3) Mike Moser continued his hot streak, hitting for 22 points and 17 boards as Oregon moved a step closer to an NCAA tournament bid with a win over Arizona State.
1) Trevor Cooney was 1-for-8 from three and 3-for-12 from the floor in No. 7 Syracuse’s 67-62 loss to Georgia Tech. He’s now shooting 31.3% from three in ACC play. If you take away the 9-for-12 that he shot in the win over Notre Dame, he’s shooting 26.7% from three in league play.
2) James Young shot 1-for-11 from the floor, the Harrisons combined to shoot 4-for-14 from the floor and the three of them combined to shoot 3-for-19 from three. No. 25 Kentucky still beat Alabama 55-48.
3) Melvim Ejim and Georges Niang combined for 10 points on 5-for-25 shooting — 0-for-9 from three — in No. 16 Iowa State’s loss at Baylor.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Of Baylor’s five verbal commitments in the Class of 2015 four are guards, including their latest commit.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Syracuse’s men’s basketball and football programs are under investigation, with the stakes being higher for Jim Boeheim’s program.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Joshua Smith averaged 11.5 points per game before being ruled academically ineligible last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Cam Payne became the star of Murray State as a freshman, but he wouldn’t have gotten there if he had a back up. Why?
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Shawn Lester averaged 11.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in the sixth man role last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hallice Cooke will have one hip operated on Monday, with the second surgery coming four weeks later.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Christian James joins Rashard Odomes and Akolda Manyang in Oklahoma’s 2015 haul.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
The OVC looks like a three-team race this season.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Nice work editing in the music.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Who are the top 20 perimeters in the country this season?
Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
This scandal will be a stain on North Carolina’s sports and academic programs for a long time.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
This is about as embarrassing as being POSTERIZED can get.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
The Shockers went to the Final Four in 2013 and undefeated in 2014. What is next for them?
Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Cody Larson was South Dakotas Next Big Thing. He returned in infamy, but that has not stopped him from succeeding.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Wisconsin held its third annual “Shooting Down Cancer” event Wednesday, with their goal being to #MakeBoPay.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Austin Nichols is the reigning American Athletic Conference ROY, and sophomore Avery Woodson is expected to compete for minutes in a crowded by inexperienced backcourt.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Cezar Guerrero knocked down five straight from half-court during the team’s Red and White Hoops Night event Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Oregon didn’t have much depth to begin with due to various personnel issues, so Michael Chandler’s lingering knee problem is a major concern.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)