Mar 5, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Providence 81, Marquette 80 2OT
Providence managed to survive a visit from Marquette in thrilling fashion, a double-overtime that featured big shots, costly turnovers, fouled three-point shooters and quite possibly the most exciting shot that never counted:
Bryce Cotton played all 50 minutes, finishing with 25 points, nine assists and seven boards and LaDontae Henton added 20 points and 16 boards.
1) Baylor 74, No. 16 Iowa State 61: Cory Jefferson went for 21 points, Kenny Chery had 16 points and six assists, and Brady Heslip added 18 as the Bears all but locked up an NCAA tournament bid by knocking off the Cyclones.
2) No. 12 Michigan 84, Illinois 53: The Illini hadn’t allowed more than 50 points in four games. Michigan scored 52 in the first half, knocking off Illinois 84-53 while hitting 16-for-23 from three. Illinois’ hopes for an NCAA tournament bid went ‘poof’ as Michigan locked up the Big Ten regular season title.
3) No. 25 Kentucky 55, Alabama 48: It wasn’t pretty, but the Wildcats got back to their winning ways by knocking off the Crimson Tide. Julius Randle finished with 12 points and 11 boards, but Kentucky still has some massive kinks that need to be worked out in the next ten days if they truly are going to have a chance to make noise in the Big Dance.
1) Michael Frazier II had 37 points and his 11-for-18 from three as No. 1 Florida knocked off South Carolina 72-46.
2) Markel Starks had 17 points and 11 assists and D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera added 18 points and 12 boards as Georgetown knocked off No. 13 Creighton.
3) Mike Moser continued his hot streak, hitting for 22 points and 17 boards as Oregon moved a step closer to an NCAA tournament bid with a win over Arizona State.
1) Trevor Cooney was 1-for-8 from three and 3-for-12 from the floor in No. 7 Syracuse’s 67-62 loss to Georgia Tech. He’s now shooting 31.3% from three in ACC play. If you take away the 9-for-12 that he shot in the win over Notre Dame, he’s shooting 26.7% from three in league play.
2) James Young shot 1-for-11 from the floor, the Harrisons combined to shoot 4-for-14 from the floor and the three of them combined to shoot 3-for-19 from three. No. 25 Kentucky still beat Alabama 55-48.
3) Melvim Ejim and Georges Niang combined for 10 points on 5-for-25 shooting — 0-for-9 from three — in No. 16 Iowa State’s loss at Baylor.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Another big man is on the transfer market.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Wilson averaged 5.9 minutes per game in two seasons at Memphis.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After being one of the Pac-12’s most improved players last season, Powell looks to lead a team hoping to improve defensively and on the glass.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston has found a replacement for Doug Wojcik during his suspension.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Tyler Davis has lost 70 pounds and evolved into one of the nation’s best big men.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Louisville commit Raymond Spalding doesn’t feel pressure despite being a hometown kid.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 Iowan averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game as a high school junior.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Among the high school players in attendance are Jaylen Brown (2015), Thon Maker (2016) and Dennis Smith Jr. (2016).
Aug 1, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
You’ve seen the pictures of the rings. Now see the player’s reactions once they got them.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)