Mar 5, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
Throughout the season college basketball programs have no shortage of visitors, from former players coming back to visit to famous personalities who may not have as deep of a connection to the program. And while these moments can be fun, they also can serve as a time to learn. Visitors who have experienced success in avenues outside of college basketball imparting wisdom on what it takes to be the best, albeit from a slightly different angle.
During pre-game shootaround prior to their game against Texas Tech on Wednesday night, No. 8 Kansas welcomed San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh to Allen Fieldhouse. A photo of Harbaugh speaking to the team was sent out via the program’s official Twitter account:
To have the opportunity to speak with a coach as successful as Harbaugh, whose teams have played in the last three NFC Championship games, had to have been nice for the players and coaching staff. While he may not have been there diagramming plays or teaching the players how to dissect a 2-3 zone (but you never know), given his experience Harbaugh can definitely speak to what it takes to prepare for the championship run the Jayhawks hope to make over the next month.
Interestingly enough, Harbaugh showed up in his usual fall Sunday wardrobe.
UPDATE: After receiving word of Harbaugh’s half-court shot, adidas sent out the following tweet Thursday afternoon.
— adidas Basketball (@adidasHoops) March 6, 2014
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 11
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)