Mar 5, 2014, 5:36 PM EST
Throughout the season college basketball programs have no shortage of visitors, from former players coming back to visit to famous personalities who may not have as deep of a connection to the program. And while these moments can be fun, they also can serve as a time to learn. Visitors who have experienced success in avenues outside of college basketball imparting wisdom on what it takes to be the best, albeit from a slightly different angle.
During pre-game shootaround prior to their game against Texas Tech on Wednesday night, No. 8 Kansas welcomed San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh to Allen Fieldhouse. A photo of Harbaugh speaking to the team was sent out via the program’s official Twitter account:
To have the opportunity to speak with a coach as successful as Harbaugh, whose teams have played in the last three NFC Championship games, had to have been nice for the players and coaching staff. While he may not have been there diagramming plays or teaching the players how to dissect a 2-3 zone (but you never know), given his experience Harbaugh can definitely speak to what it takes to prepare for the championship run the Jayhawks hope to make over the next month.
Interestingly enough, Harbaugh showed up in his usual fall Sunday wardrobe.
UPDATE: After receiving word of Harbaugh’s half-court shot, adidas sent out the following tweet Thursday afternoon.
— adidas Basketball (@adidasHoops) March 6, 2014
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)