Mar 5, 2014, 5:36 PM EST
Throughout the season college basketball programs have no shortage of visitors, from former players coming back to visit to famous personalities who may not have as deep of a connection to the program. And while these moments can be fun, they also can serve as a time to learn. Visitors who have experienced success in avenues outside of college basketball imparting wisdom on what it takes to be the best, albeit from a slightly different angle.
During pre-game shootaround prior to their game against Texas Tech on Wednesday night, No. 8 Kansas welcomed San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh to Allen Fieldhouse. A photo of Harbaugh speaking to the team was sent out via the program’s official Twitter account:
To have the opportunity to speak with a coach as successful as Harbaugh, whose teams have played in the last three NFC Championship games, had to have been nice for the players and coaching staff. While he may not have been there diagramming plays or teaching the players how to dissect a 2-3 zone (but you never know), given his experience Harbaugh can definitely speak to what it takes to prepare for the championship run the Jayhawks hope to make over the next month.
Interestingly enough, Harbaugh showed up in his usual fall Sunday wardrobe.
UPDATE: After receiving word of Harbaugh’s half-court shot, adidas sent out the following tweet Thursday afternoon.
— adidas Basketball (@adidasHoops) March 6, 2014
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)