Mar 5, 2014, 5:36 PM EST
Throughout the season college basketball programs have no shortage of visitors, from former players coming back to visit to famous personalities who may not have as deep of a connection to the program. And while these moments can be fun, they also can serve as a time to learn. Visitors who have experienced success in avenues outside of college basketball imparting wisdom on what it takes to be the best, albeit from a slightly different angle.
During pre-game shootaround prior to their game against Texas Tech on Wednesday night, No. 8 Kansas welcomed San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh to Allen Fieldhouse. A photo of Harbaugh speaking to the team was sent out via the program’s official Twitter account:
To have the opportunity to speak with a coach as successful as Harbaugh, whose teams have played in the last three NFC Championship games, had to have been nice for the players and coaching staff. While he may not have been there diagramming plays or teaching the players how to dissect a 2-3 zone (but you never know), given his experience Harbaugh can definitely speak to what it takes to prepare for the championship run the Jayhawks hope to make over the next month.
Interestingly enough, Harbaugh showed up in his usual fall Sunday wardrobe.
UPDATE: After receiving word of Harbaugh’s half-court shot, adidas sent out the following tweet Thursday afternoon.
— adidas Basketball (@adidasHoops) March 6, 2014
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (5)