Mar 5, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Maryland forward Charles Mitchell was removed from the bench and sent to the locker room before the first half of Tuesday night’s game against Virginia Tech.
Mitchell could be seen on the bench exchanging words with assistant coach Scott Spinelli, yanking his jersey off in the tunnel as he walked back into the locker room. According to Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post, Mitchell sat with special assistant Juan Dixon in the locker room even after the second half began, returning to the bench midway through the second half wearing warmups.
“I’m not going to get into details, but it was just something that just had to have some discipline involved,” head coach Mark Turgeon said after the game. “I asked him to go to the locker room.”
“I just met with Charles. You know, we’re going to sleep on it and we’re going to talk tomorrow. Charles and I will handle it. We don’t know yet.”
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1