Mar 5, 2014, 1:45 AM EST
Oregon continues to climb back in the Pac-12 standings after a sluggish start in league play as the Ducks picked up an 85-78 win on Tuesday night against Arizona State.
After starting 3-8 in the Pac-12, Oregon has now won six consecutive games and it looks like the Ducks are in good position for the NCAA Tournament.
Oregon started the season 13-0, but fell on hard times during the early portion of the conference slate. Over the course of the last six games, however, things have really turned around for Dana Altman’s team.
The Ducks were always talented enough to compete for a Pac-12 title — and they’ll be a dangerous team to face in the NCAA Tournament — but now they’re finally starting to put things together like they were early in the year.
Joseph Young and Mike Moser are a talented duo that leads the offensive charge and Moser, in particular, was assertive and aggressive in the win over Arizona State going for 22 points and 17 rebounds in one of his best games of the season.
The senior forward has been on a tear during the six-game winning streak as Moser has averaged 16.6 points and 11.3 rebounds per contest, well above his season averages of 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds.
If Oregon can rely on Young or Moser for go-to baskets then the Ducks can spread the floor around them and rely on its deep rotation to make plays.
When you factor in that Oregon can also get points from Johnathan Loyd, Jason Calliste and Damyean Dotson, you start to realize that the Ducks can be a scary opponent if role guys are clicking as well.
With six straight wins and its last three losses coming by a combined total of six points, the Ducks look like they’re poised for another potential run in the NCAA Tournament despite sneaking into the field a tad under-the-radar yet again.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)