Mar 5, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Oregon continues to climb back in the Pac-12 standings after a sluggish start in league play as the Ducks picked up an 85-78 win on Tuesday night against Arizona State.
After starting 3-8 in the Pac-12, Oregon has now won six consecutive games and it looks like the Ducks are in good position for the NCAA Tournament.
Oregon started the season 13-0, but fell on hard times during the early portion of the conference slate. Over the course of the last six games, however, things have really turned around for Dana Altman’s team.
The Ducks were always talented enough to compete for a Pac-12 title — and they’ll be a dangerous team to face in the NCAA Tournament — but now they’re finally starting to put things together like they were early in the year.
Joseph Young and Mike Moser are a talented duo that leads the offensive charge and Moser, in particular, was assertive and aggressive in the win over Arizona State going for 22 points and 17 rebounds in one of his best games of the season.
The senior forward has been on a tear during the six-game winning streak as Moser has averaged 16.6 points and 11.3 rebounds per contest, well above his season averages of 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds.
If Oregon can rely on Young or Moser for go-to baskets then the Ducks can spread the floor around them and rely on its deep rotation to make plays.
When you factor in that Oregon can also get points from Johnathan Loyd, Jason Calliste and Damyean Dotson, you start to realize that the Ducks can be a scary opponent if role guys are clicking as well.
With six straight wins and its last three losses coming by a combined total of six points, the Ducks look like they’re poised for another potential run in the NCAA Tournament despite sneaking into the field a tad under-the-radar yet again.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)