Mar 5, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Central Arkansas has hired Russ Pennell as their new head coach, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Pennell was the interim head coach with the WNBA’s Pheonix Mercury over the summer. He spent four years as the head coach at Grand Canyon prior to that, but he was let go so the program could hire Dan Majerle.
Pennell took Arizona to the Sweet 16 in 2009 as the interim head coach at Arizona, but wasn’t rehired as the program brought in Sean Miller.
Clarence Finley led UCA to a 6-19 record this season and a 3-11 mark in the Southland as the interim coach. He took over for Corliss Williamson, who led the program after three years to join the staff of the Sacramento Kings.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)