Mar 5, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Central Arkansas has hired Russ Pennell as their new head coach, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Pennell was the interim head coach with the WNBA’s Pheonix Mercury over the summer. He spent four years as the head coach at Grand Canyon prior to that, but he was let go so the program could hire Dan Majerle.
Pennell took Arizona to the Sweet 16 in 2009 as the interim head coach at Arizona, but wasn’t rehired as the program brought in Sean Miller.
Clarence Finley led UCA to a 6-19 record this season and a 3-11 mark in the Southland as the interim coach. He took over for Corliss Williamson, who led the program after three years to join the staff of the Sacramento Kings.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)