Mar 5, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Central Arkansas has hired Russ Pennell as their new head coach, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Pennell was the interim head coach with the WNBA’s Pheonix Mercury over the summer. He spent four years as the head coach at Grand Canyon prior to that, but he was let go so the program could hire Dan Majerle.
Pennell took Arizona to the Sweet 16 in 2009 as the interim head coach at Arizona, but wasn’t rehired as the program brought in Sean Miller.
Clarence Finley led UCA to a 6-19 record this season and a 3-11 mark in the Southland as the interim coach. He took over for Corliss Williamson, who led the program after three years to join the staff of the Sacramento Kings.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)