Mar 5, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Central Arkansas has hired Russ Pennell as their new head coach, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Pennell was the interim head coach with the WNBA’s Pheonix Mercury over the summer. He spent four years as the head coach at Grand Canyon prior to that, but he was let go so the program could hire Dan Majerle.
Pennell took Arizona to the Sweet 16 in 2009 as the interim head coach at Arizona, but wasn’t rehired as the program brought in Sean Miller.
Clarence Finley led UCA to a 6-19 record this season and a 3-11 mark in the Southland as the interim coach. He took over for Corliss Williamson, who led the program after three years to join the staff of the Sacramento Kings.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)