Mar 5, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Central Arkansas has hired Russ Pennell as their new head coach, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Pennell was the interim head coach with the WNBA’s Pheonix Mercury over the summer. He spent four years as the head coach at Grand Canyon prior to that, but he was let go so the program could hire Dan Majerle.
Pennell took Arizona to the Sweet 16 in 2009 as the interim head coach at Arizona, but wasn’t rehired as the program brought in Sean Miller.
Clarence Finley led UCA to a 6-19 record this season and a 3-11 mark in the Southland as the interim coach. He took over for Corliss Williamson, who led the program after three years to join the staff of the Sacramento Kings.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)