Mar 6, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
No. 4 Duke lost to Wake Forest on Wednesday night, 82-72, but the bigger concern after the game was the fact that head coach Mike Krzyzewski didn’t make it to the postgame press conference.
According to Duke, Coach K was dealing with lightheadedness and dizziness throughout the game. At one point during a timeout, it was bad enough that he had to take a knee. The trainer rushed over to the Duke bench, according to Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
He’s expected to make a full recovery, but after the game, it was associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski that handled the presser.
North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has dealt with vertigo for a while, experiencing dizzy spells on the sideline when he gets too worked up.
Here’s the statement from Duke:
“Coach Krzyzewski experienced lightheadedness during and after the Duke-Wake Forest game on Wednesday night. Following the contest, he was examined by Duke medical personnel on site and again at Duke University Hospital for precautionary tests upon returning to Durham. His symptoms and condition have improved considerably, and Coach Krzyzewski was sent home during the early morning hours on Thursday.”
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)