Mar 6, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
No. 4 Duke lost to Wake Forest on Wednesday night, 82-72, but the bigger concern after the game was the fact that head coach Mike Krzyzewski didn’t make it to the postgame press conference.
According to Duke, Coach K was dealing with lightheadedness and dizziness throughout the game. At one point during a timeout, it was bad enough that he had to take a knee. The trainer rushed over to the Duke bench, according to Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
He’s expected to make a full recovery, but after the game, it was associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski that handled the presser.
North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has dealt with vertigo for a while, experiencing dizzy spells on the sideline when he gets too worked up.
Here’s the statement from Duke:
“Coach Krzyzewski experienced lightheadedness during and after the Duke-Wake Forest game on Wednesday night. Following the contest, he was examined by Duke medical personnel on site and again at Duke University Hospital for precautionary tests upon returning to Durham. His symptoms and condition have improved considerably, and Coach Krzyzewski was sent home during the early morning hours on Thursday.”
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)