Mar 6, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
No. 4 Duke lost to Wake Forest on Wednesday night, 82-72, but the bigger concern after the game was the fact that head coach Mike Krzyzewski didn’t make it to the postgame press conference.
According to Duke, Coach K was dealing with lightheadedness and dizziness throughout the game. At one point during a timeout, it was bad enough that he had to take a knee. The trainer rushed over to the Duke bench, according to Laura Keeley of the Raleigh News & Observer.
He’s expected to make a full recovery, but after the game, it was associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski that handled the presser.
North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has dealt with vertigo for a while, experiencing dizzy spells on the sideline when he gets too worked up.
Here’s the statement from Duke:
“Coach Krzyzewski experienced lightheadedness during and after the Duke-Wake Forest game on Wednesday night. Following the contest, he was examined by Duke medical personnel on site and again at Duke University Hospital for precautionary tests upon returning to Durham. His symptoms and condition have improved considerably, and Coach Krzyzewski was sent home during the early morning hours on Thursday.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)