Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Well, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament has delivered the second buzzer-beater of March Madness. Saint Peter’s guard Desi Washington’s three-pointer with eight tenths of a second remaining in overtime gave the Peacocks a 65-62 win over Fairfield.
The Stags have likely had enough of Washington, as he’s beaten Fairfield with buzzer-beating shots three times this season. Washington, who also beat Seton Hall with a three-pointer in triple overtime back in December, finished the game with 14 points and Marvin Dominique added 11 to go along with 13 rebounds.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 0
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 7
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 35
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (35)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- R.J. Hunter, No. 14 Georgia State beat No. 3 Baylor in final seconds (VIDEO) (16)