Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Well, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament has delivered the second buzzer-beater of March Madness. Saint Peter’s guard Desi Washington’s three-pointer with eight tenths of a second remaining in overtime gave the Peacocks a 65-62 win over Fairfield.
The Stags have likely had enough of Washington, as he’s beaten Fairfield with buzzer-beating shots three times this season. Washington, who also beat Seton Hall with a three-pointer in triple overtime back in December, finished the game with 14 points and Marvin Dominique added 11 to go along with 13 rebounds.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)