Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Well, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament has delivered the second buzzer-beater of March Madness. Saint Peter’s guard Desi Washington’s three-pointer with eight tenths of a second remaining in overtime gave the Peacocks a 65-62 win over Fairfield.
The Stags have likely had enough of Washington, as he’s beaten Fairfield with buzzer-beating shots three times this season. Washington, who also beat Seton Hall with a three-pointer in triple overtime back in December, finished the game with 14 points and Marvin Dominique added 11 to go along with 13 rebounds.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)