Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
Well, the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament has delivered the second buzzer-beater of March Madness. Saint Peter’s guard Desi Washington’s three-pointer with eight tenths of a second remaining in overtime gave the Peacocks a 65-62 win over Fairfield.
The Stags have likely had enough of Washington, as he’s beaten Fairfield with buzzer-beating shots three times this season. Washington, who also beat Seton Hall with a three-pointer in triple overtime back in December, finished the game with 14 points and Marvin Dominique added 11 to go along with 13 rebounds.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)