Mar 6, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 20 Memphis at No. 15 Cincinnati, 7:00 p.m.
Earlier this season, Cincinnati made a name for themselves when they went into FedEx Forum and put a whooping down on the Tigers. Might it be time for Josh Pastner’s club to exact their revenge? At this point, the only thing on the line for Memphis is seeding. Where will they be slotted in the NCAA tournament? Can they manage to avoid the 4-5 game in the AAC tournament? Cincinnati, on the other hand, needs a win to keep pace with Louisville in the conference standing.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: No. 24 Iowa at No. 22 Michigan State, 9:00 p.m.
Are there two teams in the Big Ten that are sputtering more than the Hawkeyes and the Spartans? The Hawkeyes can’t stop anyone lately, and the Spartans are playing like a JV team in recent weeks. They’ve lost at home to Nebraska and Illinois in the last ten days. That’s not a good sign. Will Keith Appling’s wrist ever be right again?
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 6 Villanova at Xavier, 7:00 p.m.
The Musketeers will be playing without Matt Stainbrook, who strained his MCL on Saturday. That’s certainly not good news, as he was their third-leading scorer and lead rebounder. Xavier needs this game badly, however, as their loss to Seton Hall over the weekend has put them in a bit of a predicament when it comes to making the NCAA tournament.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) There are four Conference USA teams sitting at 12-3 in the league right now. They are all on the road tonight, and will all play at 8:00 p.m.: Louisiana Tech is at Rice, Southern Miss is at Tulane, Tulsa is at North Texas and Middle Tennessee State is at UAB.
2) George Mason will be squaring off with La Salle on the NBC Sports Network tonight at 8:00 p.m.
3) Who doesn’t love a good rivalry game? VCU-Richmond will be wild tonight, especially considering that Richmond’s tournament chances will be dead and gone without a win tonight.
4) UCLA caps off their season with a trip to the Washington schools. They play the Huskies tonight.
5) There are five conference tournaments taking place tonight: The Atlantic Sun semifinals, the Ohio Valley quarterfinals, and the first round for the MAAC, the MVC and the WCC.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Maverick Rowan is reportedly focused on three schools.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
UCF is losing its third-leading scorer from last season to transfer.
Jun 29, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Xavier landed a three-star forward on Monday.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Former Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg returned to Hilton Coliseum to give one final pre-game speech before a fantasy camp.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
It should not be a surprise who the best player from this class ended up being.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Tony Hawk approves this court.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Ryan has never finished below fourth in the Big Ten.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Mullin has completely turned over the St. John’s roster.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:27 AM EDT
Knight’s most famous outburst may be lost to history.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:26 AM EDT
There are 22 total players participating in the trials.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Steve Alford now has a pair of 2017 commitments.
Jun 28, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
This is a very well thought-out statement from Martin.
Jun 28, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Johnny Jones has done an excellent job of recruiting his state in recent years.
Jun 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
South Florida brought in an experienced guard who can contribute after sitting out a transfer season.
Jun 28, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Maryland transfer Robert Carter has worked on his conditioning since arriving from Georgia Tech.
Jun 28, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
The USA U19 team is off to a 2-0 start at the FIBA World Championships.
Jun 28, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A top-100 player in the Class of 2016 is down to 10 schools.
Jun 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Syracuse picked up a transfer big man that should help in the future.
Jun 28, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Trae Young has been one of the best players of spring.
Jun 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The violations weren’t deemed severe, but the sheer number of them led to the NCAA adding a second year of probation.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)