Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Conference tournaments in one-bid conferences are incredibly stressful given the stakes, yet those stakes also provide great theater. That was the case in the first Big South quarterfinal of the day between Winthrop and regular season champion High Point. Junior guard Andre Smith, who missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with the Eagles leading 59-58 with 20 seconds remaining, hit a challenged three-pointer with five tenths of a second remaining to give Winthrop the 62-60 victory.
Smith finished the game with 12 points, supplementing a 23-point, four-rebound outing from Keon Moore. John Brown paced the Panthers, who will play in the Postseason NIT, with 17 points and six rebounds.
Vide0 credit: WPDE News
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0