Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Birthdays are special events, with people having the opportunity to celebrate their life to that point in time. Just as important as the day itself are the moments, whether it’s a message from a friend or family member or a present that is worth much more than its monetary value.
Longtime Syracuse fan Henrietta Auer received a birthday present she’ll always cherish just days before her 100th birthday, as she visited with her favorite basketball team on Thursday according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the things Auer got to do during her time with the Orange was chat with head coach Jim Boeheim and receive birthday wishes from some of the players as well.
As Auer sat courtside, C.J. Fair came over to wish her a happy birthday. So did Trevor Cooney and Tyler Ennis.
“She just kept saying ‘Wow! Wow!” Jan Lozito, Auer’s daughter, said. When Auer got to meet Boeheim, however, she could barely talk. “She was speechless.”
Auer will turn 100 next Friday and we wish her a Happy Birthday, and by the looks of things it’s off to a great start a week prior to the actual event.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)