Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Birthdays are special events, with people having the opportunity to celebrate their life to that point in time. Just as important as the day itself are the moments, whether it’s a message from a friend or family member or a present that is worth much more than its monetary value.
Longtime Syracuse fan Henrietta Auer received a birthday present she’ll always cherish just days before her 100th birthday, as she visited with her favorite basketball team on Thursday according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the things Auer got to do during her time with the Orange was chat with head coach Jim Boeheim and receive birthday wishes from some of the players as well.
As Auer sat courtside, C.J. Fair came over to wish her a happy birthday. So did Trevor Cooney and Tyler Ennis.
“She just kept saying ‘Wow! Wow!” Jan Lozito, Auer’s daughter, said. When Auer got to meet Boeheim, however, she could barely talk. “She was speechless.”
Auer will turn 100 next Friday and we wish her a Happy Birthday, and by the looks of things it’s off to a great start a week prior to the actual event.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)