Mar 7, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Birthdays are special events, with people having the opportunity to celebrate their life to that point in time. Just as important as the day itself are the moments, whether it’s a message from a friend or family member or a present that is worth much more than its monetary value.
Longtime Syracuse fan Henrietta Auer received a birthday present she’ll always cherish just days before her 100th birthday, as she visited with her favorite basketball team on Thursday according to Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the things Auer got to do during her time with the Orange was chat with head coach Jim Boeheim and receive birthday wishes from some of the players as well.
As Auer sat courtside, C.J. Fair came over to wish her a happy birthday. So did Trevor Cooney and Tyler Ennis.
“She just kept saying ‘Wow! Wow!” Jan Lozito, Auer’s daughter, said. When Auer got to meet Boeheim, however, she could barely talk. “She was speechless.”
Auer will turn 100 next Friday and we wish her a Happy Birthday, and by the looks of things it’s off to a great start a week prior to the actual event.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)