Mar 10, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
1. Florida (29-2, LW: No. 1): There is no National Title favorite this season. This isn’t like 2012, when Kentucky won it all, or 2009, when everyone had North Carolina winning the title. There isn’t even a team like Louisville from last season. But if I had to bet my life on one team making a run to the Final Four, it would be Florida. They just don’t have any exploitable weaknesses.
2. Wichita State (34-0, LW: No. 2): 34-0. They did it.
3. Arizona (28-3, LW: No. 3): The Wildcats lost at Oregon this week, but that doesn’t change my opinion of Arizona for the time being. The Ducks are streaking and winning the second leg of a Pac-12 road weekend is never an easy thing to do.
4. Villanova (28-3, LW: No. 9): The Wildcats might be the nation’s most underrated team. They have just three losses on the season and they won the Big East regular season title by three full games. If the conference added anyone other than Creighton, Jay Wright’s club might be undefeated in league play right now.
5. Louisville (26-5, LW: No. 10): The Cardinals are the No. 2 team in the country, according to KenPom, and are one of just four teams to be ranked in the top 15 in offensive and defensive efficiency.
6. Kansas (23-8, LW: No. 4): The Jayhawks will be one of the favorites to win the title … if Joel Embiid can get healthy.
7. Virginia (26-5, LW: No. 6): The Cavaliers lost at Maryland on Sunday, which was just their second loss of the ACC season.
8. Syracuse (27-4, LW: No. 8): After losing to Georgia Tech on Tuesday, Syracuse suddenly looked like the Syracuse of January, smacking around Florida State in Tallahassee.
9. Duke (24-7, LW: No. 5): The Blue Devils followed up an embarrassing loss at Wake Forest by pounding North Carolina in Cameron in their final regular season game.
10. Michigan (23-7, LW: No. 13): The Wolverines are outright Big Ten champs, but can they play their way into a No. 1 seed? It will take a Big Ten tournament title to make that happen.
11. San Diego State (27-3, LW: No. 11)
12. Creighton (24-6, LW: No. 7)
13. Wisconsin (25-6, LW: No. 12)
14. Cincinnati (26-5, LW: No. 14)
15. Iowa State (23-7, LW: No. 15)
16. North Carolina (23-8, LW: No. 16)
17. New Mexico (24-6, LW: No. 20)
18. UConn (24-7, LW: No. 17)
19. Memphis (23-8, LW: No. 18)
20. Michigan State (23-7, LW: No. 21)
21. Oklahoma (23-8, LW: No. 24)
22. Saint Louis (26-5, LW: No. 19)
23. SMU (23-8, LW: No. 22)
24. Texas (22-9, LW: No. 23)
25. VCU (24-7, LW: No. 25)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)