Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Rick Barnes put together one of the most impressive seasons for any coach in the country in 2013-2014.
He was all-but fired heading into the season, the easy pick for every single Coaches on the Hot Seat list. Then he went out and turned the Longhorns into a Top 25 team that will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the first time in two years.
What did that earn him?
A chance to take a picture with Justin Bieber.
Personally, I’d rather be fired, but we all know how well Barnes has been able to recruit Canada. Maybe the Biebs will walk-on for Texas the same way Lil’ Romeo walked on at USC:
That mean-mug of the camera would make Justin Jackson jealous.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)