Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Rick Barnes put together one of the most impressive seasons for any coach in the country in 2013-2014.
He was all-but fired heading into the season, the easy pick for every single Coaches on the Hot Seat list. Then he went out and turned the Longhorns into a Top 25 team that will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the first time in two years.
What did that earn him?
A chance to take a picture with Justin Bieber.
Personally, I’d rather be fired, but we all know how well Barnes has been able to recruit Canada. Maybe the Biebs will walk-on for Texas the same way Lil’ Romeo walked on at USC:
That mean-mug of the camera would make Justin Jackson jealous.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)