Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Rick Barnes put together one of the most impressive seasons for any coach in the country in 2013-2014.
He was all-but fired heading into the season, the easy pick for every single Coaches on the Hot Seat list. Then he went out and turned the Longhorns into a Top 25 team that will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the first time in two years.
What did that earn him?
A chance to take a picture with Justin Bieber.
Personally, I’d rather be fired, but we all know how well Barnes has been able to recruit Canada. Maybe the Biebs will walk-on for Texas the same way Lil’ Romeo walked on at USC:
That mean-mug of the camera would make Justin Jackson jealous.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)