Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Rick Barnes put together one of the most impressive seasons for any coach in the country in 2013-2014.
He was all-but fired heading into the season, the easy pick for every single Coaches on the Hot Seat list. Then he went out and turned the Longhorns into a Top 25 team that will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the first time in two years.
What did that earn him?
A chance to take a picture with Justin Bieber.
Personally, I’d rather be fired, but we all know how well Barnes has been able to recruit Canada. Maybe the Biebs will walk-on for Texas the same way Lil’ Romeo walked on at USC:
That mean-mug of the camera would make Justin Jackson jealous.
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)