Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Rick Barnes put together one of the most impressive seasons for any coach in the country in 2013-2014.
He was all-but fired heading into the season, the easy pick for every single Coaches on the Hot Seat list. Then he went out and turned the Longhorns into a Top 25 team that will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the first time in two years.
What did that earn him?
A chance to take a picture with Justin Bieber.
Personally, I’d rather be fired, but we all know how well Barnes has been able to recruit Canada. Maybe the Biebs will walk-on for Texas the same way Lil’ Romeo walked on at USC:
That mean-mug of the camera would make Justin Jackson jealous.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)