Mar 10, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Manhattan vs. Iona, 7:00 p.m.
The two best teams in the MAAC who just so happen to be bitter rivals will square off in Springfield for the right to play in the NCAA tournament. These are two well-coached, talented teams with high-octane offenses square off with a title on the line. Oh, and did I mention that they’re rivals? This game is what Championship Week and mid-major basketball is all about.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: William & Mary vs. Delaware, 7:00 p.m.
The Tribe will be playing for the right to participate in their first ever NCAA tournament tonight on NBC Sports Network. Delaware won the CAA regular season title over Towson, who got upset by W&M in the semifinals. Marcus Thornton going up against Delaware’s back court will be fun to watch.
WATCH LIVE: You can watch the CAA title game here.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) A third automatic bid will be handed out tonight as Western Carolina squares off with Wofford in the Southern Conference title game.
2) The WCC semifinals will be interesting to watch. Gonzaga squares off with Saint Mary’s in the early game while BYU goes up against San Francisco in the nightcap. Both the Zags and the Cougars potentially have at-large bids on the line with a loss.
Three other conference tournaments will be in action tonight:
- 3) The MEAC first round
- 4) The MAC first round
- 5) The Summit League semifinals
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1