Mar 10, 2014, 1:34 PM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Manhattan vs. Iona, 7:00 p.m.
The two best teams in the MAAC who just so happen to be bitter rivals will square off in Springfield for the right to play in the NCAA tournament. These are two well-coached, talented teams with high-octane offenses square off with a title on the line. Oh, and did I mention that they’re rivals? This game is what Championship Week and mid-major basketball is all about.
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: William & Mary vs. Delaware, 7:00 p.m.
The Tribe will be playing for the right to participate in their first ever NCAA tournament tonight on NBC Sports Network. Delaware won the CAA regular season title over Towson, who got upset by W&M in the semifinals. Marcus Thornton going up against Delaware’s back court will be fun to watch.
WATCH LIVE: You can watch the CAA title game here.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) A third automatic bid will be handed out tonight as Western Carolina squares off with Wofford in the Southern Conference title game.
2) The WCC semifinals will be interesting to watch. Gonzaga squares off with Saint Mary’s in the early game while BYU goes up against San Francisco in the nightcap. Both the Zags and the Cougars potentially have at-large bids on the line with a loss.
Three other conference tournaments will be in action tonight:
- 3) The MEAC first round
- 4) The MAC first round
- 5) The Summit League semifinals
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)