Mar 10, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
T.J. Warren should be rewarded with ACC Player of the Year award (Fayetteville Observer)
One day after Duke’s Jabari Parker racked up 30 points and nine rebounds in a win over North Carolina, N.C. State sophomore T.J. Warren scored 42 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in a win over Boston College. So who should win ACC Player of the Year? Parker? Warren? Someone else? One writer believes that Warren should be the winner, considering his stats and what the Wolfpack would be without him.
Hoops have tied Utah star Jordan Loveridge and his father together (Deseret News)
Utah sophomore forward Jordan Loveridge has been an important player on a team that has taken steps in the right direction in 2013-14, and it’s a group that should be even better next year. And he’s had help in the process of improving as a basketball player, with his father doing what he can to help Jordan reach his goals.
Michigan coach John Beilein shows uncommon fire for his uncommon team (Detroit Free Press)
In one of the more surprising happenings of the weekend Michigan head coach John Beilein was assessed a technical foul in the first half of the Wolverines’ 84-80 win over Indiana. How uncommon was the technical foul? It was only the fourth of Beilein’s coaching career.
McDermott quiets doubters, earns first team All-Big East honors (Omaha World-Herald)
If there were any questions regarding the skill level of Creighton senior forward Doug McDermott before the start of the season, they centered around the fact that the Bluejays were moving from the Missouri Valley to the Big East. How would McDermott and his teammates adjust? Well, Creighton finished second in the conference and McDermott was a unanimous first team All-Big East selection.
Rutgers falls to Cincinnati, but head coach Eddie Jordan says program is on the right track (NorthJersey.com)
Rutgers played its final regular season game as a member of the American Athletic Conference, losing a 70-66 decision to nationally ranked Cincinnati. On their way to the Big Ten this summer, head coach Eddie Jordan feels that the program is headed in the right direction.
Road to the Final Four: Louisville is that city’s pro team (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
With the Final Four headed to Arlington, Texas next month, the Star-Telegram is taking a look at some of the programs that could wind up playing in the event. One such program is Louisville, a highly popular basketball team in a state that loves its basketball. And according to the author, the relationship between the program and the city is like that of a professional sports franchise.
Napier, Boatright did not share well at Louisville (Connecticut Post)
While Russ Smith was outstanding in Louisville’s 81-48 win over UConn on Saturday, dishing out 13 assists, the same couldn’t be said for UConn guards Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright. The talented tandem shot a combined 4-for-24 from the field, while dishing out just four assists and turning the ball over nine times. The hope in Storrs is that the beating will serve as a teaching point ahead of postseason play.
Cats land 7-foot recruit from Serbia (Arizona Daily-Star)
Arizona added a big man to its 2014 recruiting class on Saturday, with 7-footer Dusan Ristic verbally committing to attend the Pac-12 school. This is an important commitment for the Wildcats, with it still being unknown which front court players could possibly move on to the professional ranks at the end of the season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)