Mar 11, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Joey James was named interim head coach for South Dakota in September when longtime head coach Dave Boots stepped down, but after a 12-18 season that saw the Coyotes go 6-8 in Summit League play and end their season with a 71-55 loss to Denver in the league tournament.
Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com was the first to report the move.
This was just South Dakota’s fifth season as a Division I program. James played for the Coyotes in the late-90s and was an assistant coach for a decade.
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)