Mar 11, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Joey James was named interim head coach for South Dakota in September when longtime head coach Dave Boots stepped down, but after a 12-18 season that saw the Coyotes go 6-8 in Summit League play and end their season with a 71-55 loss to Denver in the league tournament.
Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com was the first to report the move.
This was just South Dakota’s fifth season as a Division I program. James played for the Coyotes in the late-90s and was an assistant coach for a decade.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)