Mar 11, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Joey James was named interim head coach for South Dakota in September when longtime head coach Dave Boots stepped down, but after a 12-18 season that saw the Coyotes go 6-8 in Summit League play and end their season with a 71-55 loss to Denver in the league tournament.
Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com was the first to report the move.
This was just South Dakota’s fifth season as a Division I program. James played for the Coyotes in the late-90s and was an assistant coach for a decade.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0