Mar 11, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Joey James was named interim head coach for South Dakota in September when longtime head coach Dave Boots stepped down, but after a 12-18 season that saw the Coyotes go 6-8 in Summit League play and end their season with a 71-55 loss to Denver in the league tournament.
Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com was the first to report the move.
This was just South Dakota’s fifth season as a Division I program. James played for the Coyotes in the late-90s and was an assistant coach for a decade.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 2
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)