Mar 11, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Tony Criswell will not be traveling with Missouri to the SEC tournament in Atlanta this week.
Head coach Frank Haith simply said that Criswell “has some things to take care of”, and according to Dave Matter of Post-Dispatch, those things are actually $2,717.57 in unpaid rent along with $823 in attorney fees and court costs.
Criswell has already been suspended twice this season and has lost his spot in the rotation, averaging less than 10 minutes over the last six games.
Expect Torren Jones and Keanau Post to see a bump in minutes without Criswell, who was averaging 3.9 points and 3.4 boards.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 3
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)