Mar 11, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
UNC Wilmington announced on Tuesday that head coach Buzz Peterson has been fired after four years at the helm, the school announced in a release.
Peterson, a member of the 1982 North Carolina NCAA title team and Michael Jordan’s college roommate, coached the Seahawks to a 42-82 record and 30-53 record in the Colonial Athletic Association in his four years at the helm as assistant coach Eddie Biedenbach will be the interim head coach as the search for a new coach begins. UNCW finished at the bottom of the CAA this season, going 3-13 in the league and 9-23 overall.
“We appreciate Coach Peterson’s work on behalf of the student-athletes and the university,” said UNC Wilmington athletic director Jimmy Bass in the release. “We thank him for his service and wish him well in the future.”
Peterson has a career record of 267-229 in 16 seasons as a head coach, including stints at UNC Wilmington, Appalachian State, Tulsa, Tennessee and Coastal Carolina.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)