Mar 11, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
UNC Wilmington announced on Tuesday that head coach Buzz Peterson has been fired after four years at the helm, the school announced in a release.
Peterson, a member of the 1982 North Carolina NCAA title team and Michael Jordan’s college roommate, coached the Seahawks to a 42-82 record and 30-53 record in the Colonial Athletic Association in his four years at the helm as assistant coach Eddie Biedenbach will be the interim head coach as the search for a new coach begins. UNCW finished at the bottom of the CAA this season, going 3-13 in the league and 9-23 overall.
“We appreciate Coach Peterson’s work on behalf of the student-athletes and the university,” said UNC Wilmington athletic director Jimmy Bass in the release. “We thank him for his service and wish him well in the future.”
Peterson has a career record of 267-229 in 16 seasons as a head coach, including stints at UNC Wilmington, Appalachian State, Tulsa, Tennessee and Coastal Carolina.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)