Mar 12, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The second game of the day in Greensboro wasn’t one that would have an impact on the NCAA tournament bubble, with both ten-seed Miami and 15-seed Virginia Tech needing to win the ACC tournament if they’re go be a part of the 68-team field. On the line was a spot in the second round, with the winner playing seven-seed N.C. State Thursday night.
Miami won 57-53, with Rion Brown scoring 15 points and Erik Swoope adding 14 to go along with eight rebounds. Swoope, a senior forward, also threw down two impressive dunks in the first half. One of those finishes is the one-handed finish that can be seen above (you can watch the other here), with Virginia Tech’s Trevor Thompson giving up the inside lane to the basket in his attempt to rotate to Swoope.
And be sure to pay close attention to the end of the Virginia Tech bench (in the background) at the seven-second mark.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)