Mar 12, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
The second game of the day in Greensboro wasn’t one that would have an impact on the NCAA tournament bubble, with both ten-seed Miami and 15-seed Virginia Tech needing to win the ACC tournament if they’re go be a part of the 68-team field. On the line was a spot in the second round, with the winner playing seven-seed N.C. State Thursday night.
Miami won 57-53, with Rion Brown scoring 15 points and Erik Swoope adding 14 to go along with eight rebounds. Swoope, a senior forward, also threw down two impressive dunks in the first half. One of those finishes is the one-handed finish that can be seen above (you can watch the other here), with Virginia Tech’s Trevor Thompson giving up the inside lane to the basket in his attempt to rotate to Swoope.
And be sure to pay close attention to the end of the Virginia Tech bench (in the background) at the seven-second mark.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)