Mar 12, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
The second game of the day in Greensboro wasn’t one that would have an impact on the NCAA tournament bubble, with both ten-seed Miami and 15-seed Virginia Tech needing to win the ACC tournament if they’re go be a part of the 68-team field. On the line was a spot in the second round, with the winner playing seven-seed N.C. State Thursday night.
Miami won 57-53, with Rion Brown scoring 15 points and Erik Swoope adding 14 to go along with eight rebounds. Swoope, a senior forward, also threw down two impressive dunks in the first half. One of those finishes is the one-handed finish that can be seen above (you can watch the other here), with Virginia Tech’s Trevor Thompson giving up the inside lane to the basket in his attempt to rotate to Swoope.
And be sure to pay close attention to the end of the Virginia Tech bench (in the background) at the seven-second mark.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 10
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)