Mar 12, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The second game of the day in Greensboro wasn’t one that would have an impact on the NCAA tournament bubble, with both ten-seed Miami and 15-seed Virginia Tech needing to win the ACC tournament if they’re go be a part of the 68-team field. On the line was a spot in the second round, with the winner playing seven-seed N.C. State Thursday night.
Miami won 57-53, with Rion Brown scoring 15 points and Erik Swoope adding 14 to go along with eight rebounds. Swoope, a senior forward, also threw down two impressive dunks in the first half. One of those finishes is the one-handed finish that can be seen above (you can watch the other here), with Virginia Tech’s Trevor Thompson giving up the inside lane to the basket in his attempt to rotate to Swoope.
And be sure to pay close attention to the end of the Virginia Tech bench (in the background) at the seven-second mark.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)