Mar 12, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Adidas unveiled the specialty uniforms that they would be providing to the programs that they sponsor.
While some did still have sleeves, the jerseys were a major improvement over what they had come up with a year ago.
But that doesn’t mean that they were all approved by the NCAA.
The uniform that Adidas created for Baylor was said ‘Sic Em Bears’ on the front of the jersey. On Wednesday, the day the Big 12 tournament is set to begin, the NCAA ruled that Baylor would not be allowed to wear those uniforms.
Baylor will not wear “Sic ‘Em Bears” uniforms in postseason. NCAA ruled only team name or mascot can be on front. #SicEm
— Baylor Basketball (@BaylorMBB) March 12, 2014
Can the NCAA ban sleeved jerseys, too?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)