Mar 12, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Adidas unveiled the specialty uniforms that they would be providing to the programs that they sponsor.
While some did still have sleeves, the jerseys were a major improvement over what they had come up with a year ago.
But that doesn’t mean that they were all approved by the NCAA.
The uniform that Adidas created for Baylor was said ‘Sic Em Bears’ on the front of the jersey. On Wednesday, the day the Big 12 tournament is set to begin, the NCAA ruled that Baylor would not be allowed to wear those uniforms.
Baylor will not wear “Sic ‘Em Bears” uniforms in postseason. NCAA ruled only team name or mascot can be on front. #SicEm
— Baylor Basketball (@BaylorMBB) March 12, 2014
Can the NCAA ban sleeved jerseys, too?
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)