Mar 12, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Wofford senior forward Aerris Smith has been battling knee issues all season long, injuries that limited him to just 14 minutes in the Southern Conference tournament.
Smith averaged more than 24 minutes as a junior.
The Terriers won a thriller over Western Carolina in the title game, advancing to their third NCAA tournament in the past five seasons.
After the game, Smith hopped on with Wofford radio and, well, I’m not going to ruin it.
You have to feel good for that young man.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)