Mar 12, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Wofford senior forward Aerris Smith has been battling knee issues all season long, injuries that limited him to just 14 minutes in the Southern Conference tournament.
Smith averaged more than 24 minutes as a junior.
The Terriers won a thriller over Western Carolina in the title game, advancing to their third NCAA tournament in the past five seasons.
After the game, Smith hopped on with Wofford radio and, well, I’m not going to ruin it.
You have to feel good for that young man.
- Hoiberg to Chicago means Iowa State has everything riding on hiring right replacement 0
- Brandon Austin’s latest mistake: using the media to try and garner sympathy 2
- Former Missouri forward Johnathan Williams III transfers to Gonzaga 2
- Reports: #FredHoibergWatch takes another step forward 0
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Auburn center Trayvon Reed released from jail (5)
- Amidst Iowa State rumors, Jeff Hornacek discusses commitment to Phoenix Suns (5)