Mar 12, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Wofford senior forward Aerris Smith has been battling knee issues all season long, injuries that limited him to just 14 minutes in the Southern Conference tournament.
Smith averaged more than 24 minutes as a junior.
The Terriers won a thriller over Western Carolina in the title game, advancing to their third NCAA tournament in the past five seasons.
After the game, Smith hopped on with Wofford radio and, well, I’m not going to ruin it.
You have to feel good for that young man.
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 0
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 2
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 4
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season (4)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game (3)