Mar 12, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Wofford senior forward Aerris Smith has been battling knee issues all season long, injuries that limited him to just 14 minutes in the Southern Conference tournament.
Smith averaged more than 24 minutes as a junior.
The Terriers won a thriller over Western Carolina in the title game, advancing to their third NCAA tournament in the past five seasons.
After the game, Smith hopped on with Wofford radio and, well, I’m not going to ruin it.
You have to feel good for that young man.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)