Mar 12, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Wofford senior forward Aerris Smith has been battling knee issues all season long, injuries that limited him to just 14 minutes in the Southern Conference tournament.
Smith averaged more than 24 minutes as a junior.
The Terriers won a thriller over Western Carolina in the title game, advancing to their third NCAA tournament in the past five seasons.
After the game, Smith hopped on with Wofford radio and, well, I’m not going to ruin it.
You have to feel good for that young man.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)