ACC Tournament: Boris Bojanovsky’s last-second dunk leads Florida State to win over Maryland (VIDEO)
Mar 13, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Boris Bojanovsky’s dunk with .4 seconds remaining gave Florida State a crucial 67-65 win over Maryland during Thursday’s opening game of the ACC Tournament to keep the Seminoles’ NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
Bojanovsky took a bounce pass underneath his own basket and dunked it home with two hands to break a 65-65 tie and gave No. 9 seed Florida State (19-12) another game to bolster its NCAA Tournament at-large credentials. The 7-foot-3 sophomore finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds for the contest.
Senior guard Ian Miller (17 points) and sophomore guard Aaron Thomas (14 points) paced the Seminole scoring attack as they helped Florida State overcome 19 turnovers.
Maryland (17-15) dropped its final game in the ACC as they battled in a back-and-forth second half. The Terrapins were led by 18 points each from guards Seth Allen and Dez Wells while sophomore forward Jake Layman also added 15 points.
Florida State will get a big chance to get in the NCAA Tournament with Friday’s game against ACC No. 1 seed Virginia in a game that tips off at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)