Mar 13, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers are one of the many teams on the NCAA tournament bubble, and their finish to the regular season has Dayton well-positioned to earn a bid. Dayton won nine of its final ten games entering Wednesday’s Atlantic 10 tournament game against Fordham, and the Flyers kept the run going with an 87-74 win over the Rams.
Vee Sanford scored a career-high 23 points off the bench, making all nine of his shot attempts from the field. Devin Oliver added 17 to go along with 11 rebounds for the Flyers, who shot 58.8% from the field. The win earns Dayton a shot at four-seed Saint Joseph’s in the quarterfinals, with the Hawks having swept the regular season series.
The second contest between the two, a 79-53 Saint Joseph’s win on February 25, was the lone defeat suffered by the Flyers in this current 10-1 stretch. Saint Joseph’s shot 58.3% from the field in that game while limiting Dayton to 31.7% shooting, with Ronald Roberts Jr. (22 points, seven rebounds) and Chris Wilson (20 points) leading four Hawks in double figures.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)