Mar 13, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers are one of the many teams on the NCAA tournament bubble, and their finish to the regular season has Dayton well-positioned to earn a bid. Dayton won nine of its final ten games entering Wednesday’s Atlantic 10 tournament game against Fordham, and the Flyers kept the run going with an 87-74 win over the Rams.
Vee Sanford scored a career-high 23 points off the bench, making all nine of his shot attempts from the field. Devin Oliver added 17 to go along with 11 rebounds for the Flyers, who shot 58.8% from the field. The win earns Dayton a shot at four-seed Saint Joseph’s in the quarterfinals, with the Hawks having swept the regular season series.
The second contest between the two, a 79-53 Saint Joseph’s win on February 25, was the lone defeat suffered by the Flyers in this current 10-1 stretch. Saint Joseph’s shot 58.3% from the field in that game while limiting Dayton to 31.7% shooting, with Ronald Roberts Jr. (22 points, seven rebounds) and Chris Wilson (20 points) leading four Hawks in double figures.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)