Mar 13, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers are one of the many teams on the NCAA tournament bubble, and their finish to the regular season has Dayton well-positioned to earn a bid. Dayton won nine of its final ten games entering Wednesday’s Atlantic 10 tournament game against Fordham, and the Flyers kept the run going with an 87-74 win over the Rams.
Vee Sanford scored a career-high 23 points off the bench, making all nine of his shot attempts from the field. Devin Oliver added 17 to go along with 11 rebounds for the Flyers, who shot 58.8% from the field. The win earns Dayton a shot at four-seed Saint Joseph’s in the quarterfinals, with the Hawks having swept the regular season series.
The second contest between the two, a 79-53 Saint Joseph’s win on February 25, was the lone defeat suffered by the Flyers in this current 10-1 stretch. Saint Joseph’s shot 58.3% from the field in that game while limiting Dayton to 31.7% shooting, with Ronald Roberts Jr. (22 points, seven rebounds) and Chris Wilson (20 points) leading four Hawks in double figures.
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)