Mar 13, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller’s Dayton Flyers are one of the many teams on the NCAA tournament bubble, and their finish to the regular season has Dayton well-positioned to earn a bid. Dayton won nine of its final ten games entering Wednesday’s Atlantic 10 tournament game against Fordham, and the Flyers kept the run going with an 87-74 win over the Rams.
Vee Sanford scored a career-high 23 points off the bench, making all nine of his shot attempts from the field. Devin Oliver added 17 to go along with 11 rebounds for the Flyers, who shot 58.8% from the field. The win earns Dayton a shot at four-seed Saint Joseph’s in the quarterfinals, with the Hawks having swept the regular season series.
The second contest between the two, a 79-53 Saint Joseph’s win on February 25, was the lone defeat suffered by the Flyers in this current 10-1 stretch. Saint Joseph’s shot 58.3% from the field in that game while limiting Dayton to 31.7% shooting, with Ronald Roberts Jr. (22 points, seven rebounds) and Chris Wilson (20 points) leading four Hawks in double figures.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)