Mar 13, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Boston College head coach Steve Donahue will return to coach the Eagles for a fifth season, according to a report from SI.com’s Pete Thamel.
There had been speculation all season long that Donahue would be out of a job when the season ended. The Eagles were one of the most disappointing teams in the country in 2013-2014, finishing 8-24 after entering the season with higher expectations that the Eagles have had since the days of Jared Dudley and Craig Smith.
Yesterday, there was a report that the Eagles could lose their top three scorers from this season. According to the Boston Globe, leading scorer Olivier Hanlan was considering going pro while Ryan Anderson and Joe Rahon, BC.s best post player and second-best guard, respectively, were weighing whether or not they will transfer back to the west coast.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 2
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)