Mar 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to a report from the Houston Chronicle, Rice has parted ways with head coach Ben Braun following a 7-23 season and 2-14 record in Conference USA.
Rice fell in the opening round of the C-USA tournament on Wednesday in a 63-62 overtime loss against North Texas.
The Owls let go of Braun with two years remaining on his contract after the veteran head coach went 63-128 in his six seasons at the school. Braun made the CollegeInsider.com tournament in 2012 with a 19-16 record and led the Owls to its first postseason apperance in seven seasons, but Rice finished 12-49 over the last two seasons including a 3-29 mark in Conference USA over that span.
The team was quickly gutted after the 2012 postseason as six players opted to leave the program for various reasons, including star player Arsalan Kazemi to Oregon. Rice hasn’t made an NCAA Tournament appearance since 1970.
Braun has a career record of 608-494 that includes stops at Cal and Eastern Michigan.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)