Mar 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to a report from the Houston Chronicle, Rice has parted ways with head coach Ben Braun following a 7-23 season and 2-14 record in Conference USA.
Rice fell in the opening round of the C-USA tournament on Wednesday in a 63-62 overtime loss against North Texas.
The Owls let go of Braun with two years remaining on his contract after the veteran head coach went 63-128 in his six seasons at the school. Braun made the CollegeInsider.com tournament in 2012 with a 19-16 record and led the Owls to its first postseason apperance in seven seasons, but Rice finished 12-49 over the last two seasons including a 3-29 mark in Conference USA over that span.
The team was quickly gutted after the 2012 postseason as six players opted to leave the program for various reasons, including star player Arsalan Kazemi to Oregon. Rice hasn’t made an NCAA Tournament appearance since 1970.
Braun has a career record of 608-494 that includes stops at Cal and Eastern Michigan.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 1
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)