Mar 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to a report from the Houston Chronicle, Rice has parted ways with head coach Ben Braun following a 7-23 season and 2-14 record in Conference USA.
Rice fell in the opening round of the C-USA tournament on Wednesday in a 63-62 overtime loss against North Texas.
The Owls let go of Braun with two years remaining on his contract after the veteran head coach went 63-128 in his six seasons at the school. Braun made the CollegeInsider.com tournament in 2012 with a 19-16 record and led the Owls to its first postseason apperance in seven seasons, but Rice finished 12-49 over the last two seasons including a 3-29 mark in Conference USA over that span.
The team was quickly gutted after the 2012 postseason as six players opted to leave the program for various reasons, including star player Arsalan Kazemi to Oregon. Rice hasn’t made an NCAA Tournament appearance since 1970.
Braun has a career record of 608-494 that includes stops at Cal and Eastern Michigan.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)