Mar 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to a report from the Houston Chronicle, Rice has parted ways with head coach Ben Braun following a 7-23 season and 2-14 record in Conference USA.
Rice fell in the opening round of the C-USA tournament on Wednesday in a 63-62 overtime loss against North Texas.
The Owls let go of Braun with two years remaining on his contract after the veteran head coach went 63-128 in his six seasons at the school. Braun made the CollegeInsider.com tournament in 2012 with a 19-16 record and led the Owls to its first postseason apperance in seven seasons, but Rice finished 12-49 over the last two seasons including a 3-29 mark in Conference USA over that span.
The team was quickly gutted after the 2012 postseason as six players opted to leave the program for various reasons, including star player Arsalan Kazemi to Oregon. Rice hasn’t made an NCAA Tournament appearance since 1970.
Braun has a career record of 608-494 that includes stops at Cal and Eastern Michigan.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)