Mar 15, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Saint Joseph’s was the favorite heading into Saturday’s Atlantic 10 Tournament semifinal game against St. Bonaventure, but after the Bonnies’ upset win over No. 1 seed Saint Louis the day before, could you really count them out?
The Hawks answered that question early in the second half on Saturday as senior Halil Kanacevic led Saint Joseph’s to a 67-48 win. With the score tied 29-all at the half, Kanacevic stayed aggressive for the Hawks and was the best player on the floor in the win. The 6-foot-8 senior had 20 points and 11 rebounds at the under 16 timeout in the second half and it was only his third 20-and-10 performance of the entire season. Kanacevic, of course, had 16 more minutes to play in the contest and finished with 26 points and 17 rebounds for the game.
Not a single player on St. Bonaventure came close to touching those numbers as Charlon Kloof led the Bonnies with 10 points and was their only double-digit scorer. No player on St. Bonaventure eclipsed eight rebounds.
Langston Galloway added 18 points for Saint Joseph’s while Ronald Roberts, Jr. finished with 12 points.
After dropping two straight games to end the regular season, Saint Joseph’s has bounced back with a solid week in the Atlantic 10 Tournament as they now own wins over Dayton and St. Bonaventure going into Sunday’s title game.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)