Mar 15, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Saint Joseph’s was the favorite heading into Saturday’s Atlantic 10 Tournament semifinal game against St. Bonaventure, but after the Bonnies’ upset win over No. 1 seed Saint Louis the day before, could you really count them out?
The Hawks answered that question early in the second half on Saturday as senior Halil Kanacevic led Saint Joseph’s to a 67-48 win. With the score tied 29-all at the half, Kanacevic stayed aggressive for the Hawks and was the best player on the floor in the win. The 6-foot-8 senior had 20 points and 11 rebounds at the under 16 timeout in the second half and it was only his third 20-and-10 performance of the entire season. Kanacevic, of course, had 16 more minutes to play in the contest and finished with 26 points and 17 rebounds for the game.
Not a single player on St. Bonaventure came close to touching those numbers as Charlon Kloof led the Bonnies with 10 points and was their only double-digit scorer. No player on St. Bonaventure eclipsed eight rebounds.
Langston Galloway added 18 points for Saint Joseph’s while Ronald Roberts, Jr. finished with 12 points.
After dropping two straight games to end the regular season, Saint Joseph’s has bounced back with a solid week in the Atlantic 10 Tournament as they now own wins over Dayton and St. Bonaventure going into Sunday’s title game.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)