Mar 16, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
NBA executives are salivating over the potential class in the upcoming draft. One of those prized prospects is Indiana freshman big man Noah Vonleh.
According to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Indiana forward is leaning toward heading to the NBA rather than return for a sophomore season.
The 6-foot-10 Vonleh is projected as a lottery pick, currently slotted as the seventh overall pick by DraftExpress. His draft stock is built on his potential though he had a productive freshman campaign, being named Big Ten Freshman of the Year, averaging 11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds per game this season.
One NBA general manager told Wojnarowski, “He’ll spend a lot of time in the D-League next year.”
Vonleh could always return to Indiana next season. Tom Crean will have several key returners such as Yogi Ferrell, Troy Williams, Stanford Robinson and Jeremy Hollowell back for the 2014-2015 season. He also brings in a trio of 3-point shooting commits.
Vonleh will have until April 27 to declare for the NBA draft.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)