Mar 17, 2014, 3:31 AM EDT
Now that the 68-team field is known, Las Vegas has adjusted its national championship odds with top overall seed Florida the favorite to win it all. Billy Donovan’s team has been installed as an 11/2 favorite to win the national title by Vegas Insider, and that doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Following the Gators is Kansas, which has 6/1 odds to win the national title despite the health of Joel Embiid.
Rounding out the top six are Arizona (15/2), Wichita State (8/1), Duke and Michigan State with the Blue Devils and Spartans both having 10/1 odds. The fourth one-seed, Virginia, has 20/1 odds at present time. Louisville, a four-seed in the Midwest, could be an interesting pick to bettors due to the combination of their recent play and the 18/1 odds to win the national title.
Kentucky and North Carolina are both receiving 40/1 odds, and Iowa State at 45/1 is another possible selection worth taking a shot at given the ability of the Cyclones’ three best players (DeAndre Kane, Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang). Oklahoma State, led by Marcus Smart and Markel Brown, is also receiving 45/1 odds.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)