Mar 17, 2014, 3:31 AM EDT
Now that the 68-team field is known, Las Vegas has adjusted its national championship odds with top overall seed Florida the favorite to win it all. Billy Donovan’s team has been installed as an 11/2 favorite to win the national title by Vegas Insider, and that doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Following the Gators is Kansas, which has 6/1 odds to win the national title despite the health of Joel Embiid.
Rounding out the top six are Arizona (15/2), Wichita State (8/1), Duke and Michigan State with the Blue Devils and Spartans both having 10/1 odds. The fourth one-seed, Virginia, has 20/1 odds at present time. Louisville, a four-seed in the Midwest, could be an interesting pick to bettors due to the combination of their recent play and the 18/1 odds to win the national title.
Kentucky and North Carolina are both receiving 40/1 odds, and Iowa State at 45/1 is another possible selection worth taking a shot at given the ability of the Cyclones’ three best players (DeAndre Kane, Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang). Oklahoma State, led by Marcus Smart and Markel Brown, is also receiving 45/1 odds.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)