Mar 17, 2014, 3:31 AM EST
Now that the 68-team field is known, Las Vegas has adjusted its national championship odds with top overall seed Florida the favorite to win it all. Billy Donovan’s team has been installed as an 11/2 favorite to win the national title by Vegas Insider, and that doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Following the Gators is Kansas, which has 6/1 odds to win the national title despite the health of Joel Embiid.
Rounding out the top six are Arizona (15/2), Wichita State (8/1), Duke and Michigan State with the Blue Devils and Spartans both having 10/1 odds. The fourth one-seed, Virginia, has 20/1 odds at present time. Louisville, a four-seed in the Midwest, could be an interesting pick to bettors due to the combination of their recent play and the 18/1 odds to win the national title.
Kentucky and North Carolina are both receiving 40/1 odds, and Iowa State at 45/1 is another possible selection worth taking a shot at given the ability of the Cyclones’ three best players (DeAndre Kane, Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang). Oklahoma State, led by Marcus Smart and Markel Brown, is also receiving 45/1 odds.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)