Mar 17, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
WAC champion New Mexico State will play the NCAA Tournament without junior guard K.C. Ross-Miller according to a report from Jason Groves of the Sun News.
Ross-Miller has missed the last five games after being involved in a post-game altercation on the floor in the Aggies’ loss to Utah Valley on February 27th. The junior has been suspended ever since.
Groves spoke with New Mexico State athletic director McKinley Boston, who gave an update on Ross-Miller’s status:
The loss of Ross-Miller for No. 13 seed Aggies should hurt them as they need all the help they can get to beat No. 4 seed San Diego State in the West Region. Ross-Miller averaged 8.3 points, 3.5 assists and 2.2 rebounds per game while also being a three-point threat at 39 percent from the three-point line.
On the bright side, New Mexico State won five consecutive games after Ross-Miller was suspended and they’ll look to keep that streak alive against San Diego State at 9:57 p.m. on Thursday.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)