Mar 17, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
T-shirt mistakes are prone to happen in the ever-changing world of sports as we’ve already seen a big mistake on the Missouri Valley Conference tournament championship shirts earlier in the month as Wichita State fell victim to its first loss of the season — in t-shirt form.
But the growing epidemic has gone all the way to the top as the NCAA’s official shop fell victim to a big t-shirt mistake on Monday.
The mistake was first discovered on Twitter by Adam Kelsey and Chris Chase at USA Today’s For The Win blog captured a screengrab as it appears George Washington, a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament, was mistakenly replaced by crosstown, NIT-bound Georgetown on this NCAA official shirt.
You’ll notice Georgetown’s “G” logo is present instead of a “GW” logo that should be in place for George Washington. The shirt has since been corrected on the NCAA Tournament website with the proper logo and the shirt has been discontinued from further sales.
No. 9 seed George Washington faces No. 8 seed Memphis in the Round of 64 of the East Regional in Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday at 6:55 p.m.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)