Mar 17, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
T-shirt mistakes are prone to happen in the ever-changing world of sports as we’ve already seen a big mistake on the Missouri Valley Conference tournament championship shirts earlier in the month as Wichita State fell victim to its first loss of the season — in t-shirt form.
But the growing epidemic has gone all the way to the top as the NCAA’s official shop fell victim to a big t-shirt mistake on Monday.
The mistake was first discovered on Twitter by Adam Kelsey and Chris Chase at USA Today’s For The Win blog captured a screengrab as it appears George Washington, a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament, was mistakenly replaced by crosstown, NIT-bound Georgetown on this NCAA official shirt.
You’ll notice Georgetown’s “G” logo is present instead of a “GW” logo that should be in place for George Washington. The shirt has since been corrected on the NCAA Tournament website with the proper logo and the shirt has been discontinued from further sales.
No. 9 seed George Washington faces No. 8 seed Memphis in the Round of 64 of the East Regional in Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday at 6:55 p.m.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)