Mar 17, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
T-shirt mistakes are prone to happen in the ever-changing world of sports as we’ve already seen a big mistake on the Missouri Valley Conference tournament championship shirts earlier in the month as Wichita State fell victim to its first loss of the season — in t-shirt form.
But the growing epidemic has gone all the way to the top as the NCAA’s official shop fell victim to a big t-shirt mistake on Monday.
The mistake was first discovered on Twitter by Adam Kelsey and Chris Chase at USA Today’s For The Win blog captured a screengrab as it appears George Washington, a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament, was mistakenly replaced by crosstown, NIT-bound Georgetown on this NCAA official shirt.
You’ll notice Georgetown’s “G” logo is present instead of a “GW” logo that should be in place for George Washington. The shirt has since been corrected on the NCAA Tournament website with the proper logo and the shirt has been discontinued from further sales.
No. 9 seed George Washington faces No. 8 seed Memphis in the Round of 64 of the East Regional in Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday at 6:55 p.m.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)