Mar 17, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
T-shirt mistakes are prone to happen in the ever-changing world of sports as we’ve already seen a big mistake on the Missouri Valley Conference tournament championship shirts earlier in the month as Wichita State fell victim to its first loss of the season — in t-shirt form.
But the growing epidemic has gone all the way to the top as the NCAA’s official shop fell victim to a big t-shirt mistake on Monday.
The mistake was first discovered on Twitter by Adam Kelsey and Chris Chase at USA Today’s For The Win blog captured a screengrab as it appears George Washington, a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament, was mistakenly replaced by crosstown, NIT-bound Georgetown on this NCAA official shirt.
You’ll notice Georgetown’s “G” logo is present instead of a “GW” logo that should be in place for George Washington. The shirt has since been corrected on the NCAA Tournament website with the proper logo and the shirt has been discontinued from further sales.
No. 9 seed George Washington faces No. 8 seed Memphis in the Round of 64 of the East Regional in Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday at 6:55 p.m.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)