Mar 17, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
T-shirt mistakes are prone to happen in the ever-changing world of sports as we’ve already seen a big mistake on the Missouri Valley Conference tournament championship shirts earlier in the month as Wichita State fell victim to its first loss of the season — in t-shirt form.
But the growing epidemic has gone all the way to the top as the NCAA’s official shop fell victim to a big t-shirt mistake on Monday.
The mistake was first discovered on Twitter by Adam Kelsey and Chris Chase at USA Today’s For The Win blog captured a screengrab as it appears George Washington, a No. 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament, was mistakenly replaced by crosstown, NIT-bound Georgetown on this NCAA official shirt.
You’ll notice Georgetown’s “G” logo is present instead of a “GW” logo that should be in place for George Washington. The shirt has since been corrected on the NCAA Tournament website with the proper logo and the shirt has been discontinued from further sales.
No. 9 seed George Washington faces No. 8 seed Memphis in the Round of 64 of the East Regional in Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday at 6:55 p.m.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)