Mar 17, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
The seventh annual College Basketball Invitational postseason tournament also kicks off this week as Oregon State, Penn State, Texas A&M and UTEP are a few of the teams to headline the 16-team field.
The most intriguing first-round matchup has to be Fresno State — winners of nine out of its last 12 — traveling to El Paso to face UTEP.
First-round action begins with one game on Tuesday and seven games on Wednesday as play continues into early April. One of the unique things about the CBI is the best-of-three championship series at the end of the tournament. Last season Santa Clara defeated George Mason in three games and in five of the previous six years of the CBI, the championship series has made it to the third and deciding game.
Tuesday, March 18
Stony Brook (23-10) at Siena (15-17)
Wednesday, March 19
Hampton (18-12) at Penn State (15-17)
Wyoming (18-14) at Texas A&M (17-15)
Morehead State (20-13) at Illinois State (16-15)
South Dakota State (19-12) at Old Dominion (16-17)
Princeton (20-8) at Tulane (17-16)
Radford (21-12) at Oregon State (16-15)
Fresno State (17-15) at UTEP (23-10)
Quarterfinals: Monday, March 24
Semifinals: Wednesday, March 26
Best-of-Three Championship Series
Monday, March 31, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, April 2, 9 p.m.
Friday, April 4* (if necessary)
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)