Mar 18, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After serving as the interim head coach for the final five games of the season, Lamar Director of Athletics Jason Henderson removed the interim tag from head coach Tic Price on Tuesday afternoon.
Price took over the program after Pat Knight, son of the Hall of Fame coach, was fired after two-plus seasons.
“This is a great job,” Price said in a statement. “From a recruiting standpoint, we are in a great location — within a 250 mile radius you can find talented players. From an academic standpoint, Lamar can challenge any school in the country. We have some really good professors and an excellent administration. There is a sense of family here, and unless you are a part of Lamar you just won’t understand it.
“My family and I have grown to love the Beaumont area. We have met some wonderful people, are part of a wonderful church and this is a great place to live. I truly love this university. It has given me the opportunity to grow professionally as a coach and an administrator.”
This will be his fourth head coaching job after roaming the sidelines at the University of New Orleans (1994-1997), Memphis (1997-1999) and McNeese State (2001-2006). Price has compiled a combined 168-131 record in those three stints.
The Cardinals are 7-54 (4-32 Southland) in the last two seasons. Price was 1-4 as an interim coach.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)