Mar 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Less than a week after a report came out that Steve Donahue’s job was safe, Boston College has reportedly fired their head coach.
The news was first reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Donahue was hired back in 2010 after leading Cornell to the Sweet 16, but he has been unable to get the program up and running. Heading into the 2013-2014 season, the Eagles had all kinds of expectations, but they finished the season 8-23 and just 4-14 in the ACC. They were the most disappointing team in the country.
After the Eagles lost in the ACC tournament, the Boston Globe reported that BC’s three best players — Olivier Hanlan, Ryan Anderson and James Rahon — were all considering leaving the program. Hanlan was going to go pro while Anderson and Rahon were thinking of transferring back to the west coast, according to the report.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)