Mar 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Two weeks ago, Tennessee-Martin relieved head coach Jason James of his duties following a 8-23 (3-13 Ohio Valley) season, which put the Skyhawks last in the Ohio Valley Conference West Division.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Tennessee-Martin is expected to announce UNLV assistant coach Heath Schroyer as the new head coach. Sources told Rothstein the official announcement should be made Thursday.
Schroyer has been with UNLV since 2011 following head coaching stints at Portland State (2002-2005) and Wyoming (2007-2011).
Rothstein also reported that former Loyola Marymount head coach Max Good, who did not have his contract extended, could end up with the Runnin’ Rebels as Schroyer’s replacement.
If Schroyer does in fact become the new head coach, he will have a trio of rising seniors. Terence Smith and Myles Taylor tied as the team’s leading scorer at 14.6 points per game. Also, Marshun Newell, who averaged 10.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game, returns.
He’d be succeeding James, who went 37-117 in five seasons. In seven seasons as a head coach, Schroyer is 85-116.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)