Mar 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Two weeks ago, Tennessee-Martin relieved head coach Jason James of his duties following a 8-23 (3-13 Ohio Valley) season, which put the Skyhawks last in the Ohio Valley Conference West Division.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Tennessee-Martin is expected to announce UNLV assistant coach Heath Schroyer as the new head coach. Sources told Rothstein the official announcement should be made Thursday.
Schroyer has been with UNLV since 2011 following head coaching stints at Portland State (2002-2005) and Wyoming (2007-2011).
Rothstein also reported that former Loyola Marymount head coach Max Good, who did not have his contract extended, could end up with the Runnin’ Rebels as Schroyer’s replacement.
If Schroyer does in fact become the new head coach, he will have a trio of rising seniors. Terence Smith and Myles Taylor tied as the team’s leading scorer at 14.6 points per game. Also, Marshun Newell, who averaged 10.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game, returns.
He’d be succeeding James, who went 37-117 in five seasons. In seven seasons as a head coach, Schroyer is 85-116.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)