Mar 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Two weeks ago, Tennessee-Martin relieved head coach Jason James of his duties following a 8-23 (3-13 Ohio Valley) season, which put the Skyhawks last in the Ohio Valley Conference West Division.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Tennessee-Martin is expected to announce UNLV assistant coach Heath Schroyer as the new head coach. Sources told Rothstein the official announcement should be made Thursday.
Schroyer has been with UNLV since 2011 following head coaching stints at Portland State (2002-2005) and Wyoming (2007-2011).
Rothstein also reported that former Loyola Marymount head coach Max Good, who did not have his contract extended, could end up with the Runnin’ Rebels as Schroyer’s replacement.
If Schroyer does in fact become the new head coach, he will have a trio of rising seniors. Terence Smith and Myles Taylor tied as the team’s leading scorer at 14.6 points per game. Also, Marshun Newell, who averaged 10.5 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game, returns.
He’d be succeeding James, who went 37-117 in five seasons. In seven seasons as a head coach, Schroyer is 85-116.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)