Mar 19, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
After spending three seasons as the head coach at Kennesaw State, head coach Lewis Preston will not return to lead the program in 2014-15 with the school announcing the decision Wednesday evening. According to the school, the two sides mutually agreed to go their separate ways.
“I want to personally thank Lewis for his hard work and dedication as head men’s basketball coach during the last three years,” KSU AD Vaughn Williams said in the release. “There were several challenges upon Lewis’ arrival. Priority number one was to greatly improve the academic and social culture of the program and I am very appreciative of the magnificent job that Lewis did in accomplishing this goal and the foundation he has put in place.”
Prior to his hiring in the spring of 2011 Preston was an assistant on Ed DeChellis’ staff at Penn State. He took a leave of absence for medical reasons in early January, and towards the end of that month the school announced that Preston would return at the end of the season.
In Preston’s absence associate head coach Jimmy Lallathin served as interim head coach. Kennesaw State’s top four scorers from this season, led by junior guard Delbert Love (12.6 ppg, 2.5 apg), all have eligibility remaining. The Owls finished the season with a 6-25 record, going 3-15 in Atlantic Sun play.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)