Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
(Click to enlarge)
Here’s an impressive stat for you: every single one of the 68 schools in the NCAA tournament has sent at least one athlete to the Olympics.
Some schools have sent a myriad of athletes to the Games. Some have sent one or two. Some of the athletes you’ve heard of — Ryan Lochte and Amanda Beard come to mind — and some aren’t. Most of the Olympians participated in the most popular events — swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics. Xavier’s Olympian was a shooter.
Our friends over at Olympic Talk put together a 68-team bracket featuring the best — or most famous — Olympian from every school in the Big Dance.
You can read all about each athlete and how they put the bracket together right here.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)