Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
(Click to enlarge)
Here’s an impressive stat for you: every single one of the 68 schools in the NCAA tournament has sent at least one athlete to the Olympics.
Some schools have sent a myriad of athletes to the Games. Some have sent one or two. Some of the athletes you’ve heard of — Ryan Lochte and Amanda Beard come to mind — and some aren’t. Most of the Olympians participated in the most popular events — swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics. Xavier’s Olympian was a shooter.
Our friends over at Olympic Talk put together a 68-team bracket featuring the best — or most famous — Olympian from every school in the Big Dance.
You can read all about each athlete and how they put the bracket together right here.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0