Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
(Click to enlarge)
Here’s an impressive stat for you: every single one of the 68 schools in the NCAA tournament has sent at least one athlete to the Olympics.
Some schools have sent a myriad of athletes to the Games. Some have sent one or two. Some of the athletes you’ve heard of — Ryan Lochte and Amanda Beard come to mind — and some aren’t. Most of the Olympians participated in the most popular events — swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics. Xavier’s Olympian was a shooter.
Our friends over at Olympic Talk put together a 68-team bracket featuring the best — or most famous — Olympian from every school in the Big Dance.
You can read all about each athlete and how they put the bracket together right here.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)