Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
(Click to enlarge)
Here’s an impressive stat for you: every single one of the 68 schools in the NCAA tournament has sent at least one athlete to the Olympics.
Some schools have sent a myriad of athletes to the Games. Some have sent one or two. Some of the athletes you’ve heard of — Ryan Lochte and Amanda Beard come to mind — and some aren’t. Most of the Olympians participated in the most popular events — swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics. Xavier’s Olympian was a shooter.
Our friends over at Olympic Talk put together a 68-team bracket featuring the best — or most famous — Olympian from every school in the Big Dance.
You can read all about each athlete and how they put the bracket together right here.
- Report: Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 0
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 12
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (79)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)