Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
(Click to enlarge)
Here’s an impressive stat for you: every single one of the 68 schools in the NCAA tournament has sent at least one athlete to the Olympics.
Some schools have sent a myriad of athletes to the Games. Some have sent one or two. Some of the athletes you’ve heard of — Ryan Lochte and Amanda Beard come to mind — and some aren’t. Most of the Olympians participated in the most popular events — swimming, track, basketball, gymnastics. Xavier’s Olympian was a shooter.
Our friends over at Olympic Talk put together a 68-team bracket featuring the best — or most famous — Olympian from every school in the Big Dance.
You can read all about each athlete and how they put the bracket together right here.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)