Mar 19, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Tournaments other than the NCAA tournament may not get much attention this season, but those lesser-known events can be a springboard into the next season for some teams. Towson, which finished second in the CAA this season, is looking to cap its season with a run in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament and the same goes for USC Upstate, which hosted the Tigers Wednesday night.
The game would be decided on a half-court shot, as Four McGlynn’s heave went through the hoop just as time expired to give Towson the 63-60 victory. McGlynn can be seen releasing the ball at the two-second mark in the video above.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)