Mar 19, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Tournaments other than the NCAA tournament may not get much attention this season, but those lesser-known events can be a springboard into the next season for some teams. Towson, which finished second in the CAA this season, is looking to cap its season with a run in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament and the same goes for USC Upstate, which hosted the Tigers Wednesday night.
The game would be decided on a half-court shot, as Four McGlynn’s heave went through the hoop just as time expired to give Towson the 63-60 victory. McGlynn can be seen releasing the ball at the two-second mark in the video above.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)