Mar 20, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT
When former Kennesaw State head coach Lewis Preston took a leave of absence in early January, associate head coach Jimmy Lallathin was named the interim head coach for a program that has struggled in the Atlantic Sun. And just a couple days after the school and Preston mutually agreed to go their separate ways, Kennesaw State announced that Lallathin’s interim tag has been removed.
“I was impressed with the way he took over the team and conducted himself this past season under difficult circumstances,” Kennesaw State AD Vaughn Williams said in the release. “The team responded under his leadership, playing with a high level of energy and competiveness that led to exciting basketball.
“I am confident that under Jimmy’s direction, the basketball program will continue to improve and become competitive in the Atlantic Sun Conference.”
Under Lallathin the Owls won three games, beating USC Upstate, Northern Kentucky and Stetson. The team’s top four scorers from a season ago, led by guard Delbert Love, all have eligibility remaining. Prior to being hired by Preston in 2011 Lallathin spent four seasons as a member of the staff at Miami University, with one being as an assistant coach (2010-11).
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)