Mar 20, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT
When former Kennesaw State head coach Lewis Preston took a leave of absence in early January, associate head coach Jimmy Lallathin was named the interim head coach for a program that has struggled in the Atlantic Sun. And just a couple days after the school and Preston mutually agreed to go their separate ways, Kennesaw State announced that Lallathin’s interim tag has been removed.
“I was impressed with the way he took over the team and conducted himself this past season under difficult circumstances,” Kennesaw State AD Vaughn Williams said in the release. “The team responded under his leadership, playing with a high level of energy and competiveness that led to exciting basketball.
“I am confident that under Jimmy’s direction, the basketball program will continue to improve and become competitive in the Atlantic Sun Conference.”
Under Lallathin the Owls won three games, beating USC Upstate, Northern Kentucky and Stetson. The team’s top four scorers from a season ago, led by guard Delbert Love, all have eligibility remaining. Prior to being hired by Preston in 2011 Lallathin spent four seasons as a member of the staff at Miami University, with one being as an assistant coach (2010-11).
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)