Mar 20, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT
When former Kennesaw State head coach Lewis Preston took a leave of absence in early January, associate head coach Jimmy Lallathin was named the interim head coach for a program that has struggled in the Atlantic Sun. And just a couple days after the school and Preston mutually agreed to go their separate ways, Kennesaw State announced that Lallathin’s interim tag has been removed.
“I was impressed with the way he took over the team and conducted himself this past season under difficult circumstances,” Kennesaw State AD Vaughn Williams said in the release. “The team responded under his leadership, playing with a high level of energy and competiveness that led to exciting basketball.
“I am confident that under Jimmy’s direction, the basketball program will continue to improve and become competitive in the Atlantic Sun Conference.”
Under Lallathin the Owls won three games, beating USC Upstate, Northern Kentucky and Stetson. The team’s top four scorers from a season ago, led by guard Delbert Love, all have eligibility remaining. Prior to being hired by Preston in 2011 Lallathin spent four seasons as a member of the staff at Miami University, with one being as an assistant coach (2010-11).
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)