Mar 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Jeff Bzdelik will not return as the head coach at Wake Forest next season, according to multiple reports.
He informed the team in a meeting at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon, per a report from Blogger So Dear.
Bzdelik’s tenure in Winston-Salem was marked by mediocrity. He was 51-76 in four seasons, never winning more than six games in ACC play and failing to come close to having the kind of success that the program had under his predecessor, Dino Gaudio.
In recent seasons, there has been a massive pushback by Demon Deacon fans to force Bzdelik out of office.
Bzdelik was 17-16 this season, which was his best year with the program. Wake Forest went 6-12 in ACC play and actually landed wins over Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)