Mar 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Jeff Bzdelik will not return as the head coach at Wake Forest next season, according to multiple reports.
He informed the team in a meeting at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon, per a report from Blogger So Dear.
Bzdelik’s tenure in Winston-Salem was marked by mediocrity. He was 51-76 in four seasons, never winning more than six games in ACC play and failing to come close to having the kind of success that the program had under his predecessor, Dino Gaudio.
In recent seasons, there has been a massive pushback by Demon Deacon fans to force Bzdelik out of office.
Bzdelik was 17-16 this season, which was his best year with the program. Wake Forest went 6-12 in ACC play and actually landed wins over Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)