Mar 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Jeff Bzdelik will not return as the head coach at Wake Forest next season, according to multiple reports.
He informed the team in a meeting at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon, per a report from Blogger So Dear.
Bzdelik’s tenure in Winston-Salem was marked by mediocrity. He was 51-76 in four seasons, never winning more than six games in ACC play and failing to come close to having the kind of success that the program had under his predecessor, Dino Gaudio.
In recent seasons, there has been a massive pushback by Demon Deacon fans to force Bzdelik out of office.
Bzdelik was 17-16 this season, which was his best year with the program. Wake Forest went 6-12 in ACC play and actually landed wins over Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)