Mar 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Jeff Bzdelik will not return as the head coach at Wake Forest next season, according to multiple reports.
He informed the team in a meeting at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon, per a report from Blogger So Dear.
Bzdelik’s tenure in Winston-Salem was marked by mediocrity. He was 51-76 in four seasons, never winning more than six games in ACC play and failing to come close to having the kind of success that the program had under his predecessor, Dino Gaudio.
In recent seasons, there has been a massive pushback by Demon Deacon fans to force Bzdelik out of office.
Bzdelik was 17-16 this season, which was his best year with the program. Wake Forest went 6-12 in ACC play and actually landed wins over Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)