Mar 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Jeff Bzdelik will not return as the head coach at Wake Forest next season, according to multiple reports.
He informed the team in a meeting at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon, per a report from Blogger So Dear.
Bzdelik’s tenure in Winston-Salem was marked by mediocrity. He was 51-76 in four seasons, never winning more than six games in ACC play and failing to come close to having the kind of success that the program had under his predecessor, Dino Gaudio.
In recent seasons, there has been a massive pushback by Demon Deacon fans to force Bzdelik out of office.
Bzdelik was 17-16 this season, which was his best year with the program. Wake Forest went 6-12 in ACC play and actually landed wins over Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)