Mar 21, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Dayton, the No. 11 seed in the South Region, busted the majority of the nation’s brackets after the first game of the 2014 NCAA Tournament, sending in-state foe Ohio State back home.
Vee Sanford took Aaron Craft off the dribble, banking in the game-winning bucket with 11 seconds left. Craft, who came up with a few clutch, late-game shots, missed on the final attempt of his collegiate career as the Flyers upset the Buckeyes, 60-59.
After defeating The Ohio State University, the Dayton Daily News came up with this amazing headline on the front page of Friday’s newspaper.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)