Mar 21, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Dayton, the No. 11 seed in the South Region, busted the majority of the nation’s brackets after the first game of the 2014 NCAA Tournament, sending in-state foe Ohio State back home.
Vee Sanford took Aaron Craft off the dribble, banking in the game-winning bucket with 11 seconds left. Craft, who came up with a few clutch, late-game shots, missed on the final attempt of his collegiate career as the Flyers upset the Buckeyes, 60-59.
After defeating The Ohio State University, the Dayton Daily News came up with this amazing headline on the front page of Friday’s newspaper.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)