Mar 21, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Dayton, the No. 11 seed in the South Region, busted the majority of the nation’s brackets after the first game of the 2014 NCAA Tournament, sending in-state foe Ohio State back home.
Vee Sanford took Aaron Craft off the dribble, banking in the game-winning bucket with 11 seconds left. Craft, who came up with a few clutch, late-game shots, missed on the final attempt of his collegiate career as the Flyers upset the Buckeyes, 60-59.
After defeating The Ohio State University, the Dayton Daily News came up with this amazing headline on the front page of Friday’s newspaper.
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)