Mar 21, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
The NCAA tournament game between New Mexico State and San Diego State didn’t tip until 11:03 PM eastern time (8:03 PT time), and when the game finally ended — an overtime affair won by the Aztecs, 83-73 — it was well into the evening. When asked during the post-game presser why SDSU didn’t post double on Sim Bhullar, coach Steve Fisher instead broke character and chastised the NCAA for forcing the losing team to leave the regional site immediately.
Some choice quotes:
- We don’t want to go home tonight. It’s 10 minutes after 11. By the time you get back to the hotel, did they want us to tell our kids pack your bags and if we win we’ll go back?
- It’s disgraceful. For the billions of dollars that we have here, for them not to find a way to accommodate these kids, the student athletes. You can’t tell me they couldn’t find charter planes.
- …we can say we want to do all these things for the benefit of the student athletes, but you play a game like we did tonight and you get to the airport at 1 in the morning?
- I would like to have every, every go from the top up administratively, have them at a site and allow and say you’re going to ride home with that losing team … It shouldn’t happen.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)