Mar 22, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
At the conclusion of the Round of 64 just one perfect bracket remained on the Yahoo! website, with 23-year old Brad Binder picking all 32 games correctly. And through the first four games of the day Saturday Binder, who did not enter Warren Buffett’s Billion Dollar Bracket contest, was still in possession of a perfect bracket.
But the dream of going 63-0 in his selections came to an end with No. 11 Dayton’s 55-53 win over No. 3 Syracuse in Buffalo. While that’s probably disappointing for Binder, to start out 36-0 is nothing to scoff at given the nature of the NCAA tournament. What makes the achievement even more impressive is the fact that Binder told Yahoo! he spent no more than five minutes filling out the bracket.
The question now is how well Binder will fare throughout the remainder of the NCAA tournament, with his Final Four consisting of Florida, Oregon (who lost shortly after the Syracuse result), Michigan and Michigan State and the Spartans being his pick to win it all.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)