Mar 22, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
At the conclusion of the Round of 64 just one perfect bracket remained on the Yahoo! website, with 23-year old Brad Binder picking all 32 games correctly. And through the first four games of the day Saturday Binder, who did not enter Warren Buffett’s Billion Dollar Bracket contest, was still in possession of a perfect bracket.
But the dream of going 63-0 in his selections came to an end with No. 11 Dayton’s 55-53 win over No. 3 Syracuse in Buffalo. While that’s probably disappointing for Binder, to start out 36-0 is nothing to scoff at given the nature of the NCAA tournament. What makes the achievement even more impressive is the fact that Binder told Yahoo! he spent no more than five minutes filling out the bracket.
The question now is how well Binder will fare throughout the remainder of the NCAA tournament, with his Final Four consisting of Florida, Oregon (who lost shortly after the Syracuse result), Michigan and Michigan State and the Spartans being his pick to win it all.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)