Mar 22, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
At the conclusion of the Round of 64 just one perfect bracket remained on the Yahoo! website, with 23-year old Brad Binder picking all 32 games correctly. And through the first four games of the day Saturday Binder, who did not enter Warren Buffett’s Billion Dollar Bracket contest, was still in possession of a perfect bracket.
But the dream of going 63-0 in his selections came to an end with No. 11 Dayton’s 55-53 win over No. 3 Syracuse in Buffalo. While that’s probably disappointing for Binder, to start out 36-0 is nothing to scoff at given the nature of the NCAA tournament. What makes the achievement even more impressive is the fact that Binder told Yahoo! he spent no more than five minutes filling out the bracket.
The question now is how well Binder will fare throughout the remainder of the NCAA tournament, with his Final Four consisting of Florida, Oregon (who lost shortly after the Syracuse result), Michigan and Michigan State and the Spartans being his pick to win it all.
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 0
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)