Mar 22, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
At the conclusion of the Round of 64 just one perfect bracket remained on the Yahoo! website, with 23-year old Brad Binder picking all 32 games correctly. And through the first four games of the day Saturday Binder, who did not enter Warren Buffett’s Billion Dollar Bracket contest, was still in possession of a perfect bracket.
But the dream of going 63-0 in his selections came to an end with No. 11 Dayton’s 55-53 win over No. 3 Syracuse in Buffalo. While that’s probably disappointing for Binder, to start out 36-0 is nothing to scoff at given the nature of the NCAA tournament. What makes the achievement even more impressive is the fact that Binder told Yahoo! he spent no more than five minutes filling out the bracket.
The question now is how well Binder will fare throughout the remainder of the NCAA tournament, with his Final Four consisting of Florida, Oregon (who lost shortly after the Syracuse result), Michigan and Michigan State and the Spartans being his pick to win it all.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)