Mar 22, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Michigan, the No. 2 seed in the Midwest Region, took down No. 15 seed Wofford, 57-40, on Thursday. Despite already securing the Round of 64 win, Michigan head coach John Beilein faced another challenger on Thursday night: the city of Milwaukee.
Beilein, who says he likes to take walks following games, got lost as he searched for his team’s hotel.
Luckily for Beilein two TV reporters from WNEM spotted him in Milwaukee and were able to help locate his hotel with one of their smartphones. Beilein and his Wolverines will look to navigate themselves into the Sweet 16 as Michigan takes on No. 7 Texas, which won on a game-winning shot from Cameron Ridley two days ago.
The Texas-Michigan Round of 32 matchup is scheduled to tip on Saturday at 5:15 p.m.
[H/T Sporting News]
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)
- Notre Dame freshman Rex Pflueger throws down some impressive dunks (VIDEO) (1)