Mar 22, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Michigan, the No. 2 seed in the Midwest Region, took down No. 15 seed Wofford, 57-40, on Thursday. Despite already securing the Round of 64 win, Michigan head coach John Beilein faced another challenger on Thursday night: the city of Milwaukee.
Beilein, who says he likes to take walks following games, got lost as he searched for his team’s hotel.
Luckily for Beilein two TV reporters from WNEM spotted him in Milwaukee and were able to help locate his hotel with one of their smartphones. Beilein and his Wolverines will look to navigate themselves into the Sweet 16 as Michigan takes on No. 7 Texas, which won on a game-winning shot from Cameron Ridley two days ago.
The Texas-Michigan Round of 32 matchup is scheduled to tip on Saturday at 5:15 p.m.
[H/T Sporting News]
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)