Mar 22, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
One of the concerns for No. 8 seed Kentucky as they head into their battle with No. 1 seed Wichita State in the most-highly anticipated game of the tournament to date is the status of Andrew Harrison’s elbow.
Harrison hurt the elbow in the second half of Kentucky’s win over Kansas State on Friday night. He tried to swipe at the ball defensively and appeared to hyperextend his elbow in the process, but if Harrison is able to play, he seems determined to make that happen.
When asked if he was planning on playing, he answered, “Yes, sir,” while adding “It’s in some pain,” he said, “but I’ve just been icing it, and my coaches have been taking good care of me. We’ll just take it day by day.”
Kentucky head coach John Calipari essentially said that Harrison will be in the lineup as long as it’s obvious that he’s not injured.
“What if he’s 70 percent and I see it, and I say, `We can’t win with a guy at 70 percent?” he told reporters. “I think he’s going to be all right, but we have to prepare. What happens if he doesn’t play? What happens if he’s 70 percent and he doesn’t play? He looks good. I think he’ll be fine.”
Losing Harrison would be a major blow, as he’s not only the teams starting — and only recruited — point guard, but he’s also been playing his best basketball of the season of late.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)