Mar 22, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
One of the concerns for No. 8 seed Kentucky as they head into their battle with No. 1 seed Wichita State in the most-highly anticipated game of the tournament to date is the status of Andrew Harrison’s elbow.
Harrison hurt the elbow in the second half of Kentucky’s win over Kansas State on Friday night. He tried to swipe at the ball defensively and appeared to hyperextend his elbow in the process, but if Harrison is able to play, he seems determined to make that happen.
When asked if he was planning on playing, he answered, “Yes, sir,” while adding “It’s in some pain,” he said, “but I’ve just been icing it, and my coaches have been taking good care of me. We’ll just take it day by day.”
Kentucky head coach John Calipari essentially said that Harrison will be in the lineup as long as it’s obvious that he’s not injured.
“What if he’s 70 percent and I see it, and I say, `We can’t win with a guy at 70 percent?” he told reporters. “I think he’s going to be all right, but we have to prepare. What happens if he doesn’t play? What happens if he’s 70 percent and he doesn’t play? He looks good. I think he’ll be fine.”
Losing Harrison would be a major blow, as he’s not only the teams starting — and only recruited — point guard, but he’s also been playing his best basketball of the season of late.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)