Mar 22, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Warren Buffett is going to be hanging onto that billion.
Not a single perfect bracket entered into Buffet’s Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge survived the NCAA tournament’s opening round. It barely lasted until dinner time on Friday, as George Washington’s 71-66 loss to Memphis eliminated the final three perfect brackets.
And while that was the deathblow, it was Duke’s loss to Mercer that did the most damage. After Stanford’s win over New Mexico, there were just 16 perfect brackets left.
That said, there are still people out there that are 32-for-32 in picking games. Check out this dude Brad, who has yet to miss on one of his picks.
I bet he wishes he entered that bracket in the Buffett’s pool.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (18)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)