Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM EDT
The Buzz Williams tenure is underway at Virginia Tech, and we’re already seeing some roster changes.
Trevor Thompson, a seven-footer that started 11 games for the Hokies as a freshman, will be transferring out of the program, according to a report. He averaged 5.0 points and 4.7 boards.
Thompson was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2013 out of Indianapolis, with interest from programs like Arizona State, Tennessee and Xavier, according to Rivals.
That’s not the biggest news of the day coming out of Virginia Teach, however.
The Hokies posted an announcement that they had hired Buzz Williams … and used a picture of former Marquette assistant coach Scott Monarch:
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)