Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM EST
The Buzz Williams tenure is underway at Virginia Tech, and we’re already seeing some roster changes.
Trevor Thompson, a seven-footer that started 11 games for the Hokies as a freshman, will be transferring out of the program, according to a report. He averaged 5.0 points and 4.7 boards.
Thompson was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2013 out of Indianapolis, with interest from programs like Arizona State, Tennessee and Xavier, according to Rivals.
That’s not the biggest news of the day coming out of Virginia Teach, however.
The Hokies posted an announcement that they had hired Buzz Williams … and used a picture of former Marquette assistant coach Scott Monarch:
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)