Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM EDT
The Buzz Williams tenure is underway at Virginia Tech, and we’re already seeing some roster changes.
Trevor Thompson, a seven-footer that started 11 games for the Hokies as a freshman, will be transferring out of the program, according to a report. He averaged 5.0 points and 4.7 boards.
Thompson was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2013 out of Indianapolis, with interest from programs like Arizona State, Tennessee and Xavier, according to Rivals.
That’s not the biggest news of the day coming out of Virginia Teach, however.
The Hokies posted an announcement that they had hired Buzz Williams … and used a picture of former Marquette assistant coach Scott Monarch:
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 28
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)