Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM EDT
The Buzz Williams tenure is underway at Virginia Tech, and we’re already seeing some roster changes.
Trevor Thompson, a seven-footer that started 11 games for the Hokies as a freshman, will be transferring out of the program, according to a report. He averaged 5.0 points and 4.7 boards.
Thompson was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2013 out of Indianapolis, with interest from programs like Arizona State, Tennessee and Xavier, according to Rivals.
That’s not the biggest news of the day coming out of Virginia Teach, however.
The Hokies posted an announcement that they had hired Buzz Williams … and used a picture of former Marquette assistant coach Scott Monarch:
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)