Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM EST
The Buzz Williams tenure is underway at Virginia Tech, and we’re already seeing some roster changes.
Trevor Thompson, a seven-footer that started 11 games for the Hokies as a freshman, will be transferring out of the program, according to a report. He averaged 5.0 points and 4.7 boards.
Thompson was a three-star recruit in the Class of 2013 out of Indianapolis, with interest from programs like Arizona State, Tennessee and Xavier, according to Rivals.
That’s not the biggest news of the day coming out of Virginia Teach, however.
The Hokies posted an announcement that they had hired Buzz Williams … and used a picture of former Marquette assistant coach Scott Monarch:
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)