Mar 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
No. 5 Saint Louis saw its season come to an end Saturday afternoon, as they fell 66-51 to No. 4 Louisville in a Midwest Region matchup in Orlando. For their five senior starters, guards Jordair Jett and Mike McCall Jr. and forwards Jake Barnett, Dwayne Evans Jr. and Rob Loe, that means they’ve worn the Saint Louis uniform for the last time.
The quintet leaves SLU as the winningest class in school history. In their four season at the school the class won 93 games, with 81 of those victories coming in the last three seasons, and they’ve also won two Atlantic 10 regular season titles and one A-10 tournament title (2013).
Following the game head coach Jim Crews discussed how proud he is of his seniors, who began their college careers playing for the late Rick Majerus. For all of the buzzer-beaters and upsets that we love this time of year, saying thanks to seniors who have given everything they have to their respective programs is also a special part of March.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)