Mar 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
No. 5 Saint Louis saw its season come to an end Saturday afternoon, as they fell 66-51 to No. 4 Louisville in a Midwest Region matchup in Orlando. For their five senior starters, guards Jordair Jett and Mike McCall Jr. and forwards Jake Barnett, Dwayne Evans Jr. and Rob Loe, that means they’ve worn the Saint Louis uniform for the last time.
The quintet leaves SLU as the winningest class in school history. In their four season at the school the class won 93 games, with 81 of those victories coming in the last three seasons, and they’ve also won two Atlantic 10 regular season titles and one A-10 tournament title (2013).
Following the game head coach Jim Crews discussed how proud he is of his seniors, who began their college careers playing for the late Rick Majerus. For all of the buzzer-beaters and upsets that we love this time of year, saying thanks to seniors who have given everything they have to their respective programs is also a special part of March.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)