Mar 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
No. 5 Saint Louis saw its season come to an end Saturday afternoon, as they fell 66-51 to No. 4 Louisville in a Midwest Region matchup in Orlando. For their five senior starters, guards Jordair Jett and Mike McCall Jr. and forwards Jake Barnett, Dwayne Evans Jr. and Rob Loe, that means they’ve worn the Saint Louis uniform for the last time.
The quintet leaves SLU as the winningest class in school history. In their four season at the school the class won 93 games, with 81 of those victories coming in the last three seasons, and they’ve also won two Atlantic 10 regular season titles and one A-10 tournament title (2013).
Following the game head coach Jim Crews discussed how proud he is of his seniors, who began their college careers playing for the late Rick Majerus. For all of the buzzer-beaters and upsets that we love this time of year, saying thanks to seniors who have given everything they have to their respective programs is also a special part of March.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)