Mar 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
No. 5 Saint Louis saw its season come to an end Saturday afternoon, as they fell 66-51 to No. 4 Louisville in a Midwest Region matchup in Orlando. For their five senior starters, guards Jordair Jett and Mike McCall Jr. and forwards Jake Barnett, Dwayne Evans Jr. and Rob Loe, that means they’ve worn the Saint Louis uniform for the last time.
The quintet leaves SLU as the winningest class in school history. In their four season at the school the class won 93 games, with 81 of those victories coming in the last three seasons, and they’ve also won two Atlantic 10 regular season titles and one A-10 tournament title (2013).
Following the game head coach Jim Crews discussed how proud he is of his seniors, who began their college careers playing for the late Rick Majerus. For all of the buzzer-beaters and upsets that we love this time of year, saying thanks to seniors who have given everything they have to their respective programs is also a special part of March.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)