Mar 23, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
Utah guard Delon Wright will return to the Utes for his senior season. Wright tweeted out a picture of himself in a Utah jersey with the caption “Until next year“, and his decision was confirmed by Utah beat writer Tony Jones.
Delon Wright was one of the most productive players in the country this past season, averaging 15.5 points, 6.8 boards, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks.
The younger brother of Dorell Wright, a ten-year NBA veteran who is currently on the Portland roster, there was speculation that Delon would be off to the NBA after this season, but he probably made the right decision. A talented and versatile playmaker, Wright, a 6-foot-5 point guard, needs to put some work in on his jumper this offseason, and he could probably stand to add some muscle mass as well.
He’s projected as the No. 29 pick in the 2015 draft, according to Draft Express.
This is huge news for Utah as well. The Utes were an NCAA tournament-caliber team this season, but an embarrassingly-bad non-conference schedule ended any possibility of them receiving an at-large bid. That should change next season, as Utah not only returns essentially everyone from this season’s roster, but they also add a trio of talented freshmen.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)