Mar 23, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
Utah guard Delon Wright will return to the Utes for his senior season. Wright tweeted out a picture of himself in a Utah jersey with the caption “Until next year“, and his decision was confirmed by Utah beat writer Tony Jones.
Delon Wright was one of the most productive players in the country this past season, averaging 15.5 points, 6.8 boards, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks.
The younger brother of Dorell Wright, a ten-year NBA veteran who is currently on the Portland roster, there was speculation that Delon would be off to the NBA after this season, but he probably made the right decision. A talented and versatile playmaker, Wright, a 6-foot-5 point guard, needs to put some work in on his jumper this offseason, and he could probably stand to add some muscle mass as well.
He’s projected as the No. 29 pick in the 2015 draft, according to Draft Express.
This is huge news for Utah as well. The Utes were an NCAA tournament-caliber team this season, but an embarrassingly-bad non-conference schedule ended any possibility of them receiving an at-large bid. That should change next season, as Utah not only returns essentially everyone from this season’s roster, but they also add a trio of talented freshmen.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)