Mar 23, 2014, 10:07 AM EST
Utah guard Delon Wright will return to the Utes for his senior season. Wright tweeted out a picture of himself in a Utah jersey with the caption “Until next year“, and his decision was confirmed by Utah beat writer Tony Jones.
Delon Wright was one of the most productive players in the country this past season, averaging 15.5 points, 6.8 boards, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks.
The younger brother of Dorell Wright, a ten-year NBA veteran who is currently on the Portland roster, there was speculation that Delon would be off to the NBA after this season, but he probably made the right decision. A talented and versatile playmaker, Wright, a 6-foot-5 point guard, needs to put some work in on his jumper this offseason, and he could probably stand to add some muscle mass as well.
He’s projected as the No. 29 pick in the 2015 draft, according to Draft Express.
This is huge news for Utah as well. The Utes were an NCAA tournament-caliber team this season, but an embarrassingly-bad non-conference schedule ended any possibility of them receiving an at-large bid. That should change next season, as Utah not only returns essentially everyone from this season’s roster, but they also add a trio of talented freshmen.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)