Mar 23, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
Utah guard Delon Wright will return to the Utes for his senior season. Wright tweeted out a picture of himself in a Utah jersey with the caption “Until next year“, and his decision was confirmed by Utah beat writer Tony Jones.
Delon Wright was one of the most productive players in the country this past season, averaging 15.5 points, 6.8 boards, 5.3 assists, 2.5 steals and 1.3 blocks.
The younger brother of Dorell Wright, a ten-year NBA veteran who is currently on the Portland roster, there was speculation that Delon would be off to the NBA after this season, but he probably made the right decision. A talented and versatile playmaker, Wright, a 6-foot-5 point guard, needs to put some work in on his jumper this offseason, and he could probably stand to add some muscle mass as well.
He’s projected as the No. 29 pick in the 2015 draft, according to Draft Express.
This is huge news for Utah as well. The Utes were an NCAA tournament-caliber team this season, but an embarrassingly-bad non-conference schedule ended any possibility of them receiving an at-large bid. That should change next season, as Utah not only returns essentially everyone from this season’s roster, but they also add a trio of talented freshmen.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)