Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Missouri and Kansas had one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, one so fierce that, when the Tigers left the Big 12 for greener pastures in the SEC, the Jayhawks decided that they would no longer be scheduling their nemesis.
But don’t, for a second, think that the fact that the two schools haven’t played in a couple years has eased the pain.
There still is plenty of dislike between the two universities. Just take a look at what the official twitter account for Missouri tweeted out after the Jayhawks loss to Stanford on Sunday:
Congrats to @Stanford on a fine NCAA Tournament win!
— Mizzou (@Mizzou) March 23, 2014
College sports: where rivalries never die.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)