Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Missouri and Kansas had one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, one so fierce that, when the Tigers left the Big 12 for greener pastures in the SEC, the Jayhawks decided that they would no longer be scheduling their nemesis.
But don’t, for a second, think that the fact that the two schools haven’t played in a couple years has eased the pain.
There still is plenty of dislike between the two universities. Just take a look at what the official twitter account for Missouri tweeted out after the Jayhawks loss to Stanford on Sunday:
Congrats to @Stanford on a fine NCAA Tournament win!
— Mizzou (@Mizzou) March 23, 2014
College sports: where rivalries never die.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)