Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Missouri and Kansas had one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, one so fierce that, when the Tigers left the Big 12 for greener pastures in the SEC, the Jayhawks decided that they would no longer be scheduling their nemesis.
But don’t, for a second, think that the fact that the two schools haven’t played in a couple years has eased the pain.
There still is plenty of dislike between the two universities. Just take a look at what the official twitter account for Missouri tweeted out after the Jayhawks loss to Stanford on Sunday:
Congrats to @Stanford on a fine NCAA Tournament win!
— Mizzou (@Mizzou) March 23, 2014
College sports: where rivalries never die.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)