Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Missouri and Kansas had one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, one so fierce that, when the Tigers left the Big 12 for greener pastures in the SEC, the Jayhawks decided that they would no longer be scheduling their nemesis.
But don’t, for a second, think that the fact that the two schools haven’t played in a couple years has eased the pain.
There still is plenty of dislike between the two universities. Just take a look at what the official twitter account for Missouri tweeted out after the Jayhawks loss to Stanford on Sunday:
Congrats to @Stanford on a fine NCAA Tournament win!
— Mizzou (@Mizzou) March 23, 2014
College sports: where rivalries never die.
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)