Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Missouri and Kansas had one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports, one so fierce that, when the Tigers left the Big 12 for greener pastures in the SEC, the Jayhawks decided that they would no longer be scheduling their nemesis.
But don’t, for a second, think that the fact that the two schools haven’t played in a couple years has eased the pain.
There still is plenty of dislike between the two universities. Just take a look at what the official twitter account for Missouri tweeted out after the Jayhawks loss to Stanford on Sunday:
Congrats to @Stanford on a fine NCAA Tournament win!
— Mizzou (@Mizzou) March 23, 2014
College sports: where rivalries never die.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)